Three Bullfrogs Selected for Major League Dreams Showcase
Madison, WI. - A trio of Green Bay Bullfrogs will have the unique opportunity to showcase their talents in front of Major League Baseball scouts and help make their future aspirations of playing in the big leagues become true.
Bullfrogs starting right-handed pitcher Leo Perez (Freshman, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi), outfielder Preston Pavlica (Junior, Grand Canyon Univ.) and infielder Adrian Damla (Sophomore, UC Irvine) have earned the honor of being selected to the 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase. The annual showcase will take place Tuesday, August 7 at The Duck Pond at Warner Park in Madison, home stadium of the Madison Mallards.
The prestigious event features 100 of the Northwoods League's top prospects to put together four teams for one day of scouting workouts and two games. Each player is picked by MLB scouts. The North Division teams will play at 4:35 p.m., while the South Division squads square-off at 7:35 p.m.
Perez has received significant exposure this summer as he was also the lone Bullfrog represented at the Northwoods League All-Star Game in Kalamazoo, MI. Perez is the ace of the Green Bay pitching staff in 2018, posting a 5-1 record with a 3.00 ERA in 48 innings of work with 44 strikeouts.
Perez is coming off one his best outings of the summer. The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islander tossed seven shut-out innings with only three hits allowed and five strikeouts in the Bullfrog's 8-2 home victory over the Battle Creek Bombers on July 19.
The Palmview, Texas native posted a solid Division I collegiate freshman campaign on the mound. Perez was 4-3 with a 5.14 ERA in 15 appearances five starts, tallying 36 strikeouts through 35 innings for the Islanders.
Pavlica has only played 22 games for the Bullfrogs this summer, but is making an impact at the dish and defensively. Pavlica has 17 hits with two doubles, three home runs and 12 RBIs. The Las Vegas native has compiled four multi-hit games this season, including consecutive three-hit performances on July 11 and 12. Pavlica went 3-for-4 with one home and two RBIs at the Wisconsin Woodchucks on July 11.
Pavlica put together a strong junior season for the Grand Canyon Antelopes this past spring. Pavlica started 54 of 57 games in center field, while only making two errors all season. Pavlica hit .247 with 43 hits, nine doubles, one triple, five home runs and 28 RBIs. He led the Lopes and Western Athletic Conference (WAC) with 16 stolen bases.
Damla has been a strong offensive presence for the Bullfrogs this season. In just 20 games, Damla is hitting .358 with 24 hits, four doubles, two triples and nine RBIs. He has compiled eight multi-hit games this summer, including three straight two-hit performances with one double, one triple and two RBI from June 25-27.
In his sophomore campaign at UC Irvine, Damla posted a .259 average in 34 games played and 12 starts with the Anteaters. The La Crescenta, California native tallied 14 hits with three doubles, one triple and eight RBIs this past spring.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 30, 2018
- Bucks Drop 8-4 Opener in Bismarck - Waterloo Bucks
- Rox Return Home, Win Fourth Straight - St. Cloud Rox
- Applegate Leads Bullfrogs to Narrow Victory at Home - Green Bay Booyah
- Honkers Fall in Duluth - Rochester Honkers
- Dock Spiders Stumble vs. Mallards - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Drop First Game in Kalamazoo - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Place Your Bids for the Thrivent Financial Jersey Auction - Willmar Stingers
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase Rosters - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Culliver & Hueth Named to NWL Major League Dreams Showcase Roster - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Head into Road Trip with Walk-Off Win Energy - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Four Players, Al Newman to Represent Rox at 2018 Dreams Showcase - St. Cloud Rox
- Three Bullfrogs Selected for Major League Dreams Showcase - Green Bay Booyah
- Dock Spiders Homestand Highlights (July 30 - August 3) - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Battle Creek Takes Rubber Match in Comeback Fashion against Green Bay - Battle Creek Bombers
- Three Dock Spiders Selected to Play in NWL Major League Dreams Showcase - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Three Honkers Selected to the Major League Dream Showcase - Rochester Honkers
- Seven Mallards Chosen for Major League Dreams Showcase - Madison Mallards
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase Rosters - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah Unveil Fleet Farm Flex Pack for 2021 Season
- Booyah Announce New Field Manager and Coaching Staff for 2021
- Green Bay Booyah Agree in Principle to Ownership Transfer of Franchise
- December 3rd "Out with the Old" Blowout Sale
- Booyah Announce Ticket Package Dates for 2021 Season