Roughriders Acquire Kenny Stafford in Trade with Eskimos
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have acquired American wide receiver Kenny Stafford in a trade with the Edmonton Eskimos.
In exchange, the Roughriders have sent American wide receiver Christion Jones to Edmonton.
Stafford (6'3-204 lbs) is entering his seventh year in the Canadian Football League, having spent time with the Calgary Stampeders, Montreal Alouettes and Edmonton Eskimos.
The 29-year-old has played in 70 career games earning 2,626 receiving yards and 18 touchdowns and an average of 13.5 yards per reception.
Stafford is a Grey Cup Champion, winning it in 2015 as a member of the Edmonton Eskimos.
This season with the Eskimos, Stafford has 30 receptions for 366 yards and 2 touchdowns.
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have also announced the followed roster moves:
ADDED TO THE PRACTICE ROSTER
National linebacker Layne Hull
RELEASED FROM THE PRACTICE ROSTER
American wide receiver K.D. Cannon
Hull (6'2-210 lbs) joins the Roughriders after finishing his collegiate career with the University of Regina Rams. Hull completed his 2018 season with 39 total tackles, one-and-a-half tackles for a loss, a half sack, an interception and four pass break-ups. In his first season with the Rams the Willowbrook, Saskatchewan native started every game at will linebacker, was fourth on the team in tackles and second on the team in sacks. Before coming to the University of Regina in 2017, Hull played for the Okanagan Sun helping them win the BCFC championship in 2015 and earning CJFL All-Canadian honours in 2016.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 5, 2019
- Edmonton Eskimos Kwaku Boateng Visits Edmonton Food Bank - Edmonton Eskimos
- Roughriders Acquire Kenny Stafford in Trade with Eskimos - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Esks Acquire Kick Returner Christion Jones in Trade with Saskatchewan Roughriders - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Jimmy Bean to the Practice Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Tiger-Cats Bring Back National Receiver Jones - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Make Transactions - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatchewan Roughriders Stories
- Richardson Pioneer Community Celebration Deadline Extended
- Riders Sign Kouandjio
- Riders Sign Pair
- Riders Ink DB Tevin Mitchel
- Statement from Craig Reynolds on Passing of Dick Rendek and Keith Critchley