Edmonton Eskimos Kwaku Boateng Visits Edmonton Food Bank
(Edmonton) - On Tuesday, Aug. 6, from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. Edmonton Eskimos defensive lineman Kwaku Boateng will be on hand at the Edmonton Food Bank (11508 120 Street NW) along with Purolator to kick-off Purolator Tackle Hunger Week.
On Friday, Aug. 9, the Eskimos host the Ottawa RedBlacks at The Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium on Purolator Tackle Hunger night. Kick off is 8 p.m. MT.
Fans are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item or cash donations to the game in support of the Edmonton Food Bank. Fans can drop off their donations at all gates, and will have an opportunity to take a photo with the Grey Cup. Last year the equivalent of 108,000 pounds of food was delivered from the Purolator Tackle Hunger game to Edmonton's Food Bank.
Since its inception in 2003, the Purolator Tackle Hunger program has helped deliver the equivalent of more than 12 million pounds of food to food banks across Canada. Purolatortacklehunger.com.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 5, 2019
- Edmonton Eskimos Kwaku Boateng Visits Edmonton Food Bank - Edmonton Eskimos
- Roughriders Acquire Kenny Stafford in Trade with Eskimos - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Esks Acquire Kick Returner Christion Jones in Trade with Saskatchewan Roughriders - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Jimmy Bean to the Practice Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Tiger-Cats Bring Back National Receiver Jones - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Make Transactions - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.