Esks Acquire Kick Returner Christion Jones in Trade with Saskatchewan Roughriders
(Edmonton) - The Edmonton Eskimos have acquired American kick returner Christion Jones from the Saskatchewan Roughriders in exchange for American wide receiver Kenny Stafford.
Jones has spent the past three seasons with the Roughriders where he has returned 111 punts for 1,441 yards and three touchdowns and also 51 kickoff returns for 1,225 yards.
Jones spent four seasons at Alabama (2011-14) appearing in 52 games and catching 1,030 yards and seven touchdowns on 85 receptions. He also returned 68 kickoffs for 1,727 yards and two touchdowns as well as 66 punts for 719 yards and three touchdowns. While at Alabama, he won two national championships in 2011 and 2014 and was named the SEC Special Teams Player of the Year in 2013.
Running Back (American)
Born: 1992-12-20 - Adamsville, AL
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 5, 2019
- Edmonton Eskimos Kwaku Boateng Visits Edmonton Food Bank - Edmonton Eskimos
- Roughriders Acquire Kenny Stafford in Trade with Eskimos - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Esks Acquire Kick Returner Christion Jones in Trade with Saskatchewan Roughriders - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Jimmy Bean to the Practice Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Tiger-Cats Bring Back National Receiver Jones - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Make Transactions - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.