Tiger-Cats Bring Back National Receiver Jones
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday the football club has added national wide receiver Brian Jones to the team's practice roster.
Jones, 25, signed with the Tiger-Cats earlier this year on February 12 and appeared in two games before being released June 26. The 6-4, 233-pound native of Enfield, Nova Scotia has appeared in 36 career regular season Canadian Football League games with the Toronto Argonauts (2016-18), Saskatchewan Roughriders (2018) and Hamilton (2019), registering 14 receptions for 148 yards and one receiving touchdown.
Jones has also contributed on special teams throughout his CFL career, recording 11 special teams tackles, one blocked punt and three kickoff returns for 15 yards. The University of Acadia product was selected by the Argos in the first round, fourth overall, in the 2016 CFL Draft and was a member of Toronto's 2017 Grey Cup championship team.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 5, 2019
- Edmonton Eskimos Kwaku Boateng Visits Edmonton Food Bank - Edmonton Eskimos
- Roughriders Acquire Kenny Stafford in Trade with Eskimos - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Esks Acquire Kick Returner Christion Jones in Trade with Saskatchewan Roughriders - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Jimmy Bean to the Practice Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Tiger-Cats Bring Back National Receiver Jones - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Make Transactions - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Sign Defensive Back Stribling
- Tiger-Cats & Forge FC Announce 'Hamilton Proud' Mask Campaign to Benefit Food4kids
- Tiger-Cats Add Linebacker Wilson and Defensive End Bingham
- Tiger-Cats Select Nine Players in 2020 CFL Draft
- Tiger-Cats Select OL Woodmansey and DE Bennett in First Round of 2020 CFL Draft