Roughnecks Fall to OC in Extra Time
TULSA, OK- Tulsa Roughnecks FC took on Orange County SC for the second time this season. The earlier game in the season Roughnecks won in a 8 goal thriller.
The match started with each side evenly owning possession, with both teams working hard off the ball. In the 15th minute, Darwin Jones of Orange County got behind the Roughnecks back line, but had trouble controlling the ball with an oncoming Sean Lewis. In minute 31, the Roughnecks picked up a free kick in their opponent's half, Rodrigo Da Costa clipped the ball in, but the Toby Uzo header went just over the crossbar. The half ended with a late Orange County SC chance, but the half ended scoreless.
The second half began with each side still feeling out the match, but in the 61st minute, Orange County SC found their way behind the Roughnecks backline on a counter. Sean Lewis came up big with a huge save at the near post that was parried out for a corner. As the match entered stoppage time, the Roughnecks were pressing for the game winning goal, but as they had two late opportunities, they came up short. Orange County SC found Michael Orozco on a breakaway behind the Roughnecks backline facing goalkeeper Sean Lewis. Orozco then slotted the ball across the box to an open Kevin Coleman who passed it into an open net. That goal was the last kick of the game.
The Tulsa Roughnecks are back at home next Wednesday, September 25th to take on San Antonio FC at ONEOK Field.
Tulsa Roughnecks- Sean Lewis, Cyprian Hedrick, Mallan Roberts, Luca Lobo, Matt Sheldon, Brayan Reyes (60' Rezende), Manny Gonzalez (81' Boakye), Marlon dos Santos, Rodrigo Da Costa, Christhian Altamirano, Toby Uzo (67' Silva).
Substitutes not used- AJ Ajeakwa, Fredlin Mompremier, Mason Stajduhar, Walid Yacoubou.
Orange County SC- Frederik Due, Walker Hume, Joe Amico, Michael Orozco, Kontor Owusu-Ansah, Christian Duke (66' Crisostomos), Aodhan Quinn, Jerry Van Wolfgang (66' Coleman), Harry Forrester (83' Ramos Godoy), Darwin Jones, Michael Seaton.
Orange County SC- 90'+ Coleman
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 84°
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 22, 2019
- Lights FC Fall at Austin on Sunday Night Futbol - Las Vegas Lights FC
- RECAP: Republic FC Pick up Point on the Road After 0-0 Draw at OKC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Orange County Stuns Tulsa Late - Orange County SC
- Rittmeyer, Battery Claim Southern Derby Cup against North Carolina FC - Charleston Battery
- Boys in Green Fall to Ottawa on the Road - Hartford Athletic
- North Carolina FC Narrowly Defeated in Charleston - North Carolina FC
- Hadji Barry Hat Trick Lifts Fury over Hartford - Ottawa Fury FC
- Faris scores seventh goal of 2019, 10th goal of Steel FC career in setback - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Zorros Stun Phoenix Rising to Clinch First Playoff Berth in Franchise History - Fresno FC
- Phoenix Rising Falls 2-1 Following Wild Finish in Fresno - Phoenix Rising FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Get Three Points at Home and Move into Play-Off Contention - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Switchbacks FC Drop Result on the Road to El Paso Locomotive FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Falls to Rio Grande Valley FC 3-1 - Real Monarchs SLC
- Toros Back in the Win Column with Victory over Real Monarchs - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Hounds Play Man Down, Draw Nashville, 0-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Roughnecks Fall to OC in Extra Time - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Memphis 901 FC Runs Winning Streak to Four Matches - Memphis 901 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.