Orange County Stuns Tulsa Late
On a night that looked like Orange County Soccer Club was going to do everything right but score, they stunned the Tulsa Roughnecks with a stoppage time goal from Kevin Coleman.
The night started with a good run of play on both sides of the ball as both Harry Forrester and Darwin Jones has early looks that didn't quite come off at the moment of truth.
Orange County also played well in defense for another clean sheet. It was the third in their last four and second clean sheet in a row. They held Tulsa to 6 shots and only 1 one on target. Orange County has had a good run of offensive form, so in a game where finishing was a problem, the defense certainly came up huge to keep Tulsa off the board.
The biggest moment came in stoppage time on what was a master class of a counter attack. Tulsa put the ball into the box, and OC keeper Frederick Due rushed from his line and punched the ball away. On the bounce and quick thinking Michael Seaton put a beautiful ball past everyone to a streaking Michael Orozco. Orozco rushed deep into Tulsa territory, dribbled in on goal, where he spotted Kevin Coleman sprinting down the field. Orozco calmly slid the ball across to Coleman, who passed the ball by the Tulsa keeper and into the back of the net.
Orange County now has a six game win streak that has seen their road form take off with three wins. Their next game will test that road form again when they travel to Texas to take on the Rio Grande Valley Toros. Kick off is at 5:30 on Saturday September 28th.
90+4': Kevin Coleman (Michael Orozco)
23': Brayan Reyes (yellow)
31': Harry Forrester (yellow)
61': Christian Altamirano (yellow)
82': Walker Hume (yellow)
90'+1': Aodhan Quinn( yellow)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 22, 2019
- Lights FC Fall at Austin on Sunday Night Futbol - Las Vegas Lights FC
- RECAP: Republic FC Pick up Point on the Road After 0-0 Draw at OKC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Orange County Stuns Tulsa Late - Orange County SC
- Rittmeyer, Battery Claim Southern Derby Cup against North Carolina FC - Charleston Battery
- Boys in Green Fall to Ottawa on the Road - Hartford Athletic
- North Carolina FC Narrowly Defeated in Charleston - North Carolina FC
- Hadji Barry Hat Trick Lifts Fury over Hartford - Ottawa Fury FC
- Faris scores seventh goal of 2019, 10th goal of Steel FC career in setback - Philadelphia Union II
- Zorros Stun Phoenix Rising to Clinch First Playoff Berth in Franchise History - Fresno FC
- Phoenix Rising Falls 2-1 Following Wild Finish in Fresno - Phoenix Rising FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Get Three Points at Home and Move into Play-Off Contention - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Switchbacks FC Drop Result on the Road to El Paso Locomotive FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Falls to Rio Grande Valley FC 3-1 - Real Monarchs SLC
- Toros Back in the Win Column with Victory over Real Monarchs - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Hounds Play Man Down, Draw Nashville, 0-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Roughnecks Fall to OC in Extra Time - FC Tulsa
- Memphis 901 FC Runs Winning Streak to Four Matches - Memphis 901 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southwest Division Members
- Orange County SC Transfers Keeper Aaron Cervantes to Glasgow Rangers FC
- Daniel Finlayson Transferred to St Mirren FC
- OCSC Face LA Galaxy II in Pivotal Match
- Orange County Face Phoenix Rising for Crucial Match