Roughnecks Extend Undefeated Streak at RGV, Win 2-1
In the second leg of the Tulsa Roughnecks FC trip to South Texas the team travelled to Edinburg to take on Rio Grande Valley Toros in the USL Western Conference Championship play. An opening and exciting first half saw chances for both sides. Sean Lewis made three big saves for Tulsa keeping the Toros from scoring. At the other end, Tulsa Roughnecks forward Toby Uzo was inches away from scoring the only goal of the half, missing just wide from an Altamirano cross. The game finished scoreless at half.
The second half lived up to the same excitement as the first, with both teams creating chances in another end to end battle. Tulsa Roughnecks were the first team on the scoresheet, and it was the Brazilian, Marlon, who found the back of the net finishing a low driving shot assisted by fellow Brazilian, Rodrigo Da Costa. Making this, three goals in three games for Marlon. As the Roughnecks searched for their second goal of the night, RGV Toros contested the Roughnecks only to be stopped by goalkeeper Sean Lewis, who made numerous critical saves. After 7 minutes of stoppage time, the game finished 1-0 to the Tulsa Roughnecks.
Tulsa Roughnecks return to ONEOK field Saturday, September 21st to face Orange County SC as the team continues to push for a crucial playoff spot. Get your tickets now online at www.roughnecksfc.com
Tulsa Roughnecks FC: Sean Lewis, Nicholas Prasad (72' Walid Yacoubou), Cyprian Hedrick, Matt Sheldon, Mallan Roberts, Brayan Reyes, Calvin Rezende (45' Manny Gonzalez), Cristhian Altamirano (66' Panin Boakye-Mensa), Rodrigo Da Costa, Marlon, Toby Uzo
Subs not used - Mason Stajduhar, Fredlin Mompremier, Janu Silva, AJ Ajeakwa,
Rio Grande Valley Toros: Tyler Deric, Andrew Samuels, Roberto Corondo (30' Zach Jackson), Connor Donovan, Robert Castellanos, Isidro Martinez, Kevin Rodriguez (85' Deshane Beckford), Romilio Hernadez, Nico Lemoine (74' Victor Garza), Jesus Enriquez, Carlos Small
Subs not used- Nicolas Corti, Kyle Adams, David Cabera, Brad Dunwell, Deshane Beckford
Tulsa Roughnecks: 50' Marlon
Weather: Sunny, 90°
Tulsa Roughnecks season & single game tickets are now on sale and can be purchased by going to RoughnecksFC.com, by calling 918-297-6808, or in person at the ONEOK Field ticket office.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 7, 2019
- Toros Fall to the Roughnecks at Home - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Roughnecks Extend Undefeated Streak at RGV, Win 2-1 - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Fury FC Comeback Falls Just Short in Atlanta - Ottawa Fury FC
- Memphis 901 FC Rolls on Offense in 4-2 Win - Memphis 901 FC
- Nashville SC Held Scoreless in 1-0 Loss at Saint Louis FC - Nashville SC
- ATL UTD 2 Wins 3-2 vs. Ottawa Fury FC - Atlanta United 2
- Hounds Stay Unbeaten at Home, Tie Louisville, 0-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Rowdies Down Independence - Charlotte Independence
- North Carolina FC Earns 3-3 Home Draw against Bethlehem Steel FC - North Carolina FC
- Fresno FC at Reno 1868 FC Preview - Fresno FC
- Match Preview: #CLTvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- RECAP: Hartford Dominates 5-1; Next Home Match September 14th - Hartford Athletic
- Loudoun United Fall to Hartford Athletic 5-1 on the Road - Loudoun United
- Preview: Here Come the Boys in Orange - Hartford Athletic
- It's Match Day at RGV - 7:30 p.m. - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Game Day: LouCity vs. Pittsburgh Riverhounds Tonight - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC Expecting Strong Challenge on the Road against Saint Louis FC - Nashville SC
- LouCity vs. Pittsburgh a Clash of USL Leaders - Louisville City FC
- Energy FC Back Home Sunday Evening - OKC Energy FC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Head to South Carolina to Face Charleston Battery - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.