Rodolfo Pizarro Wraps up Historic All-Star Participation
Inter Miami midfielder Rodolfo Pizarro wrapped up his participation in the MLS All-Star break on Wednesday night after joining the festivities on Monday, becoming Inter Miami's first-ever All-Star.
Pizarro first took part in the MLS All-Star Skills Challenge presented by AT&T 5G on Tuesday night, a five-part event pitting eight MLS players against eight LIGA MX players in a series of skills challenges.
The event went down to the wire, with the team's finishing within one point of each other following the final challenge: the crossbar challenge. Pizarro excelled in the challenge, hitting the crossbar three times for MLS, but it was LIGA MX who claimed victory in the end.
Next for Pizarro was the MLS All-Star Game presented by Target on Wednesday night, another clash between the stars of MLS and the stars of LIGA MX. The Inter Miami midfielder came on at the 30-minute mark to close the final 15 minutes of the first half, involving himself in the proceedings moments after coming on.
The MLS All-Stars eventually claimed victory over LIGA MX with an exciting penalty shootout following a 1-1 draw in regulation, giving Pizarro's team a win over his former league.
Following Wednesday night's match, Pizarro reflected on the accomplishment of becoming Inter Miami's first-ever All-Star, continuing a trend of Inter Miami firsts for the midfielder, including becoming the Club's first No. 10, starting in the first game, scoring the first-ever goal for the team, and scoring the first game-winning goal in the first-ever match at DRV PNK Stadium.
"I'm very proud and very happy to make history with this accomplishment. It feels even better after winning the match," said Pizarro
Inter Miami's No. 10 relished the opportunity to participate in a special event, expressing appreciation for the chance to bond with other players from across the league.
"I'm very happy, it was a joy to connect with new friends and teammates that I didn't know before. I really enjoyed these days."
Pizarro will now return to Florida to rejoin Inter Miami ahead of Friday night's matchup with Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium, in which he will be eligible to compete.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 26, 2021
- CF Montréal Faces Toronto FC on Friday Night - Club de Foot Montreal
- M-L-S: the Numbers Behind Mukhtar, Leal and Sapong's Impressive Summer - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC and Hope & Health Announce First Two in Series of Mini-Pitches for Indigenous Communities - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Tajon Buchanan Called in to Canada Men's National Team for September's World Cup Qualifiers - New England Revolution
- Kamal Miller, James Pantemis and Samuel Piette Called up by Canadian National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Defender Alistair Johnston Called up by Canadian National Team Ahead of World Cup Qualifiers - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew Announces Tyler Phillips as Manager of Supporter Relations - Columbus Crew SC
- Rodolfo Pizarro Wraps up Historic All-Star Participation - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for October 23 Home Match against FC Dallas - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas' Road Match vs. LA Galaxy on October 23 Moved to 9PM CT - FC Dallas
- Kickoff Time for Sounders FC Match vs. Sporting Kansas City on October 23 Changed to 12:30 p.m. PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Two Sporting Matches Selected for National TV - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Disciplinary Committee and Independent Review Panel Decisions Issued - MLS
- Cristian Roldan and Raúl Ruidíaz Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Walker Zimmerman Shines as MLS All-Stars Defeat LigaMX in 2021 All-Star Game - Nashville SC
- Matt Turner Called in to United States Men's National Team for World Cup Qualifiers in September - New England Revolution
- Orlando City Hosts Inter Miami CF in Heineken Rivalry Week Match - Orlando City SC
- Kellyn Acosta Named to US World Cup Qualifying Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Reigning MLS Defender of the Year and 2021 MLS All-Star Walker Zimmerman Called up for World Cup Qualifying Matches - Nashville SC
- Bello and Robinson called up to US Men's National Team for September World Cup Qualifiers - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Ricardo Pepi Called into National Team Duty for World Cup Qualifiers - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Illinois-Based Proven IT - Chicago Fire FC
- Columbus Crew Provides Injury Update on Midfielder Kevin Molino - Columbus Crew SC
- 2021 MLS All-Stars Top LIGA MX All-Stars in Penalty Shootout - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Academy Update: Inter Miami Hosts Elite Formation Coaching License Program
- Inter Miami CF Hosts 'serving Those That Serve Us' Presented by Wendy's Ahead of Thanksgiving
- Gregore Named Inter Miami CF's 2021 MVP
- Inter Miami CF to Host Chicago Fire FC on February 26 in 2022 MLS Season Opener
- Academy Update: 2021 Copa Rayados International