Nashville SC Defender Alistair Johnston Called up by Canadian National Team Ahead of World Cup Qualifiers
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club announced today that defender Alistair Johnston will represent the Canadian National Team in upcoming World Cup Qualifying matches with two matches being at home in Toronto and one away in Nashville.
Johnston has been a mainstay for Canada Soccer's Men's National Team since bursting on the scene after a sensational MLS rookie campaign in 2020. The 22-year-old defender earned his first international call-up in January 2021 and has now accumulated 10 caps in this calendar year alone.
In Johnston's 10 appearances for the Canadian National Team, the team owns a record of 8W-2L-0D with a goal differential of plus 28 and five clean sheets. The two losses were suffered by just one goal apiece.
Johnston played every minute for Canada in the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup, leading the squad to the Semi-final round against Mexico.
The Canadian international will return to the pitch this weekend for Nashville SC as the Boys in Gold take on MLS rival Atlanta United FC this Saturday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium at 2:30 p.m. CT.
Visit www.NashvilleSC.com and follow the club's social channels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to keep up with Nashville SC players on international duty.
Tickets to watch Johnston and the Canadian National Team take on Walker Zimmerman and the USMNT in Nashville at Nissan Stadium on Sept. 5 are available.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 26, 2021
- CF Montréal Faces Toronto FC on Friday Night - Club de Foot Montreal
- M-L-S: the Numbers Behind Mukhtar, Leal and Sapong's Impressive Summer - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC and Hope & Health Announce First Two in Series of Mini-Pitches for Indigenous Communities - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Tajon Buchanan Called in to Canada Men's National Team for September's World Cup Qualifiers - New England Revolution
- Kamal Miller, James Pantemis and Samuel Piette Called up by Canadian National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Defender Alistair Johnston Called up by Canadian National Team Ahead of World Cup Qualifiers - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew Announces Tyler Phillips as Manager of Supporter Relations - Columbus Crew SC
- Rodolfo Pizarro Wraps up Historic All-Star Participation - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for October 23 Home Match against FC Dallas - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas' Road Match vs. LA Galaxy on October 23 Moved to 9PM CT - FC Dallas
- Kickoff Time for Sounders FC Match vs. Sporting Kansas City on October 23 Changed to 12:30 p.m. PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Two Sporting Matches Selected for National TV - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Disciplinary Committee and Independent Review Panel Decisions Issued - MLS
- Cristian Roldan and Raúl Ruidíaz Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Walker Zimmerman Shines as MLS All-Stars Defeat LigaMX in 2021 All-Star Game - Nashville SC
- Matt Turner Called in to United States Men's National Team for World Cup Qualifiers in September - New England Revolution
- Orlando City Hosts Inter Miami CF in Heineken Rivalry Week Match - Orlando City SC
- Kellyn Acosta Named to US World Cup Qualifying Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Reigning MLS Defender of the Year and 2021 MLS All-Star Walker Zimmerman Called up for World Cup Qualifying Matches - Nashville SC
- Bello and Robinson called up to US Men's National Team for September World Cup Qualifiers - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Ricardo Pepi Called into National Team Duty for World Cup Qualifiers - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Illinois-Based Proven IT - Chicago Fire FC
- Columbus Crew Provides Injury Update on Midfielder Kevin Molino - Columbus Crew SC
- 2021 MLS All-Stars Top LIGA MX All-Stars in Penalty Shootout - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Wins First Round Match of 2021 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs 3-1 over Orlando City SC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Orlando City SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Nashville Soccer Club to Open Nashville SC Stadium on May 1, 2022, in the Venue's Inaugural MLS Match
- Nashville Soccer Club Inks Hyundai as Sleeve Patch Partner and a Founding Partner
- Nashville Soccer Club Earns Three Finalists for 2021 MLS End-Of-Year Awards