Columbus Crew Announces Tyler Phillips as Manager of Supporter Relations
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew today announced that the Club has hired Tyler Phillips as Manager of Supporter Relations. Phillips, a lifelong Central Ohio resident and retail and marketing professional, brings more than 11 years of hands-on experience to the Crew ahead of his start in this newly created position. In his new role with the Black & Gold, Phillips will primarily establish and maintain relations with Crew supporters for matchday and non-matchday initiatives, city-wide marketing, ticketing, and supporter recruitment, while also serving as the liaison for the Nordecke Board of Directors and all supporters of Columbus Crew. Additionally, Phillips will serve as a conduit to the voice of the fans, where he will be facilitating and strengthening the relationship between fans and the front office through regular meetings with Club executives.
"The Haslam, Johnson & Edwards Families are committed to strengthening the important bond between our supporters and the Club," said Columbus Crew Executive Vice President & Chief Business Officer Steve Lyons. "Our newly-created Supporters Relations position is critical to providing Crew fans more support while increasing open communication and feedback to enhance the match-day experience. Tyler has been a longtime supporter of the Black & Gold and his existing relationship with our supporters will allow us to work together to continue to make an impact in our community. We are thrilled to welcome Tyler to the Columbus Crew."
Prior to joining the Crew, Phillips worked as a store manager and partnership coordinator for Pursuit, a locally-owned customized-suit storefront with locations in Columbus' Short North Arts District and in Cincinnati from 2017-2020. Primarily serving Pursuit's Columbus location, Phillips secured multiple partnerships with not only local Columbus entities such as Columbus Crew, but also teamed up with the likes of recording artist Bon Iver and the U.S. Olympic Curling Team to name a few, providing suits and creating marketing campaigns in collaboration with the groups. Phillips also serves as the Communications Director of 2Cents Sports, a sports media outlet that amplifies and elevates black voices within the landscape of sport.
"I'm extremely honored and excited to have this opportunity," said Tyler Phillips. "Our supporters are the heartbeat of this club and how they interact with the Club and community is an essential component for success. Collaboration is paramount and I look forward to working alongside the supporters to provide a fan experience we all can be proud of. It is my hope that while keeping respect for tradition, we all can come together to enhance and elevate the profile of the Columbus Crew supporters as we move into this new era."
A longtime Crew supporter, Phillips has been volunteering with the Nordecke since 2018, most recently serving in the Nordecke Leadership. While a member of the Nordecke Leadership, Phillips assisted with communications and gameday experience. In addition to his role with the Nordecke, Phillips is heavily involved in community outreach and activism. Phillips is the co-founder of Columbus Speaks - an organization founded to amplify stories of voices that are unheard. Additionally, Phillips volunteers with Bikes for All People, an organization that provides affordable and reliable services for cyclists of all ages and backgrounds on the South side of Columbus.
"We are incredibly pleased to see Ty step into this role. From day one our ask was that a fan and supporter be given the chance to step into the role and build something truly dynamic for both us, the club, and community," said the Nordecke Board of Directors. "Hiring Ty demonstrates a willingness to do just that and we have every certainty that he will not only carry the voice of the supporters into the front office but work dynamically with us to build a better relationship holistically in a variety of exciting ways that will benefit the Crew community."
This week, Columbus Crew hosts Ohio rival FC Cincinnati at Lower.com Field in a nationally televised contest on Friday, August 27 [6:30 p.m. ET / ESPN, ESPN Deportes / 97.1 The Fan & 971TheFan.com (English); ColumbusCrew.com (Spanish)].
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 26, 2021
- CF Montréal Faces Toronto FC on Friday Night - Club de Foot Montreal
- M-L-S: the Numbers Behind Mukhtar, Leal and Sapong's Impressive Summer - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC and Hope & Health Announce First Two in Series of Mini-Pitches for Indigenous Communities - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Tajon Buchanan Called in to Canada Men's National Team for September's World Cup Qualifiers - New England Revolution
- Kamal Miller, James Pantemis and Samuel Piette Called up by Canadian National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Defender Alistair Johnston Called up by Canadian National Team Ahead of World Cup Qualifiers - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew Announces Tyler Phillips as Manager of Supporter Relations - Columbus Crew SC
- Rodolfo Pizarro Wraps up Historic All-Star Participation - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for October 23 Home Match against FC Dallas - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas' Road Match vs. LA Galaxy on October 23 Moved to 9PM CT - FC Dallas
- Kickoff Time for Sounders FC Match vs. Sporting Kansas City on October 23 Changed to 12:30 p.m. PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Two Sporting Matches Selected for National TV - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Disciplinary Committee and Independent Review Panel Decisions Issued - MLS
- Cristian Roldan and Raúl Ruidíaz Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Walker Zimmerman Shines as MLS All-Stars Defeat LigaMX in 2021 All-Star Game - Nashville SC
- Matt Turner Called in to United States Men's National Team for World Cup Qualifiers in September - New England Revolution
- Orlando City Hosts Inter Miami CF in Heineken Rivalry Week Match - Orlando City SC
- Kellyn Acosta Named to US World Cup Qualifying Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Reigning MLS Defender of the Year and 2021 MLS All-Star Walker Zimmerman Called up for World Cup Qualifying Matches - Nashville SC
- Bello and Robinson called up to US Men's National Team for September World Cup Qualifiers - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Ricardo Pepi Called into National Team Duty for World Cup Qualifiers - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Illinois-Based Proven IT - Chicago Fire FC
- Columbus Crew Provides Injury Update on Midfielder Kevin Molino - Columbus Crew SC
- 2021 MLS All-Stars Top LIGA MX All-Stars in Penalty Shootout - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew Academy Celebrates Academy Signing Night at OhioHealth Performance Center
- Columbus Crew to Celebrate "On Our Sleeves Night" in Support of Nationwide Children's Hospital at Lower.com Field on Saturday
- Columbus Crew's Home, Lower.com Field, Named Winner of 2021 James B. Recchie Design Award
- Columbus Crew Announces Call-Ups for October International Window
- Columbus Crew Defeats LIGA MX Champion Cruz Azul to Claim 2021 Campeones Cup