Rockers Complete Regular Season, Prep for Playoffs on Tueesday
YORK, Pa. - The High Point Rockers closed out the 2022 regular season on Sunday afternoon with a 9-3 loss at York. The Rockers will now focus their attention on Tuesday night's opening game of the best-of-five Atlantic League South Division Championship Series.
The Rockers will open play at Gastonia's Caromont Health Park on Tuesday at 6:15 p.m. with game two of the series scheduled for Wednesday at Gastonia, also at 6:15 p.m. The Rockers will host Gastonia on Friday, September 23 at Truist Point at 6:35 p.m. Games four and five of the series, if necessary, will be played at Truist Point on Saturday and Sunday.
The Revolution scored a single run in each of the first five innings in building a 5-1 lead over the Rockers. The Rockers were down 2-0 in the third when Joe Johnson walked, moved to third on a single by pitcher Junior Rincon and scored on a sacrifice fly by Michael Russell.
In the sixth, Tyler Ladendorf doubled and moved to third on a wild pitch. Roldani Baldwin doubled to score Ladendorf and pull the Rockers within 5-2. High Point added its final run in the sixth when Johnson again walked, took second on a single by Mike Gulino and scored on a single by pitcher Kyle Mott.
The Rockers used the day to get some work for the bullpen as manager Jamie Keefe readied the starting pitchers for the upcoming playoffs. Junior Rincon (L, 2-3) started and went three innings, allowing three runs on five hits while striking out four.
Mott tossed two innings while Gabriel Castellanos and Bryce Hensley each threw a single inning. The only hurler not to allow a run was infielder Giovanny Alfonzo who yielded a pair of hits in the ninth.
York was led by J.C. Encarnacion and Elmer Reyes who each had three hits. Reyes doubled and homered while driving in three runs as Troy Stokes, Jr. and Josue Herrera added homers for the Revs. York starter Courtney Mack (W, 3-2) went 6.1 innings and struck out seven while allowing six hits and all three High Point runs.
The Rockers on Monday will continue preparations for the playoff series with Gastonia which opens on Tuesday.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from September 18, 2022
- Castro's Blast Launches Ducks to Victory in Season Finale - Long Island Ducks
- Ducks Complete Successful 2022 Season - Long Island Ducks
- Blue Crabs Fall 6-1 in Regular Season Finale - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Rockers Complete Regular Season, Prep for Playoffs on Tueesday - High Point Rockers
- Barnstormers Finish Best Half-Season With Sweep - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Stokes Jr. Blasts Pair Of Homers As Revs Drop Back-And-Forth Penultimate Contest - York Revolution
- Barnstormers Shut Out Blue Crabs 9-0 - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.