Rochester Powers past RailRiders
MOOSIC, Pa. - The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders fell to the Rochester Red Wings 7-4 on Sunday afternoon at PNC Field.
The Red Wings took the lead four pitches into the game when Luis Garcia hit a leadoff home run off Deivi Garcia. The RailRiders drew even in the bottom of the first, with Armando Alvarez driving in Hoy Park with a single against MLB rehabber Tanner Rainey.
Rochester added two more runs in the second on back-to-back home runs from Carlos Tocci and Jecksson Flores. Garcia settled in after that, allowing three runs on four hits in 4.0 innings of work, walking four and striking out only one.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre tied the game at 3-3 in the bottom of the second against Josh Rogers. An RBI single from Brandon Wagner and a run-scoring triple from Andrew Velazquez did the damage against the former RailRider.
Nick Nelson (1-2) was touched up for four runs in the top of the fifth as the Red Wings took a 7-3 lead, but the RailRiders answered with a run on a Park solo homer in the bottom of the frame. The blast was Park's second in as many days, and his team-leading 10th of the season.
Adam Warren (2.0 IP), Brooks Kriske and Nick Green (1.0 IP each) combined for 4.0 scoreless frames of relief to keep the game close, but the RailRiders were unable to push across a run against the final three Red Wings pitchers of the afternoon.
Alvarez finished 2-for-4 with a double, while Park was 1-for-3 with a home run, a walk and two runs scored to pace the offense.
The RailRiders have a day off on Monday before beginning a six game series at the Syracuse Mets on Tuesday at NBT Bank Stadium. SWB returns home to PNC Field on Tuesday, August 3 to begin a series with the Worcester Red Sox. For tickets and more information, call (570) 969-BALL or slide to www.swbrailriders.com/tickets.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Record:
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from July 25, 2021
- Zehner Blasts Go-Ahead Homer in Seventh to Lift Shrimp to Fourth Straight Win - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Pratto's Go-Ahead Grand Slam Lifts Omaha over St. Paul - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Fall to Jacksonville in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Bulls Batter Knights in 15-9 Slugfest - Durham Bulls
- Not So Nice Defeat, Saints Drop Finale to Storm Chasers 9-6 - St. Paul Saints
- Iowa Comes up Short in Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- Road Trip Ends with Loss at Gwinnett - Norfolk Tides
- Homers Bury Indians in Homestand Finale - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Complete Six-Game Sweep with 3-2 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Seven Different Arms Pitch Hens to Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- Muñoz Hit Streak up to 19 in Loss at Lehigh Valley - Worcester Red Sox
- Vargas shines in AAA debut - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Rochester Powers past RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Redbirds Sweep Louisville, Extend Winning Streak to Fifteen - Memphis Redbirds
- Carlos Carrasco Excels in Rehab Start, But Syracuse Can't Avoid Sweep with 3-2 Loss to Buffalo in Series Finale - Syracuse Mets
- Barrero Extends On-Base Streak as Bats Swept in 7 - Louisville Bats
- Wings Slug Four Homers in Sunday Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (34-35) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-30) - Indianapolis Indians
- July 25 Game Notes: Iowa at Columbus - Iowa Cubs
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - July 25, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: July 25, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- RailRiders Games Postponed
- RailRiders Suspended
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 22, 2021
- Taillon Commences MLB Rehab with RailRiders
- Homers That Help Campaign During the Final Stretch