Rocco Carzo Named Team Captain
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Forward Rocco Carzo has been named the seventh captain in Mavericks team history, announced Wednesday by head coach John-Scott Dickson.
"It's a huge honor to be named captain of the Kansas City Mavericks," said Carzo. "Over the last three seasons I've always prided myself on giving my all both on and off the ice to this organization, its fans and most importantly to my teammates every single day. I plan on giving even more this season. We have a room full of leaders this year, and we are all working hard to get this organization back to its winning ways and contending for a Kelly Cup once again."
The veteran forward is set to begin his fourth season with the Mavericks, joining an exclusive list of longest-tenured Mavericks that includes Andrew Courtney (seven seasons), Dickson (four seasons) and Sebastien Thinel (four seasons).
Carzo, 28, has worked his way back from an ACL injury last season and is primed to don the C from the start of the 2018-19 campaign. The Philadelphia, Pennsylvania native has totaled 101 points (36g, 65a) in his two full campaigns as a Maverick, not counting his 12-game span before injury in 2017-18.
The forward wore the 'A' as an alternate captain last season until his injury in November.
The Mavericks drop the puck on their landmark 10th season on Friday, Oct. 12 against the Allen Americans at 7:05 p.m.
Season tickets, mini packs and single-game tickets are all on sale now.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 11, 2018
- Season-Opening Roster Announced; Lemcke Dealt to Cincy - Wichita Thunder
- Glads to Hold Player Meet and Greet at Uncle Jack's Meat House - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Acquire Lemcke from Wichita - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - October 11 - ECHL
- Dance off Between Students and Sheriff County Deputies this Afternoon - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Announce Season-Opening Roster for 2018-19 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Goaltender Joe Cannata Assigned to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners Acquire Stork to Complete Opening Night Roster - Maine Mariners
- Grizzlies Release Opening Day Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Cool Insuring Arena Announces Upstate Chevy Dealers Box Office - Adirondack Thunder
- Everblades Announce 2018-19 Season-Opening Roster - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Unveil Season-Opening Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Announce 2018-19 Opening Night Roster - Indy Fuel
- Komets Open Season at Indy Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Luukko Named Captain, Royals Announce Season-Opening Roster - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- Solar Bears Announce Season-Opening Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Announce Opening Night Roster - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Announce 2018-19 Season-Opening Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Rocco Carzo Named Team Captain - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- K-Wings Release Opening Night Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Announce Season Opening Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Announce 2018-2019 Regular Season Roster - Allen Americans
- 2018-19 Allen Americans Season Preview - Allen Americans
- IceMen Announce Season-Opening Roster - Jacksonville IceMen
- Steelheads Announce 2018-19 Opening Night Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Worcester Railers HC Announce 2018-19 Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Joey Leach Named Stingrays Team Captain - South Carolina Stingrays
- Oilers Reveal Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Announce Opening Day Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs Take 2-1 Series Lead with Third Period Heroics
- Mavs Monday: the Playoffs Come Home
- Mavs Drop Game Two in OT at Tulsa, Series Shifts to Independence
- Mavericks Stun Oilers in Game One with 6-4 Road Win
- Playoff Primer: Mavs and Oilers Kick off First Round of the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs Presented by Smile Direct Club