Robinson Named Oakley Player of the Week
Wichita, KS (February 20th) - The Central Hockey League announced Monday that forward Matt Robinson has been selected as the Oakley Player of the Week for the period ending on February 19th. This is Robinson's first weekly award and the fourth by a Thunder player this season.
The South Surrey, BC native has had a hot hand since returning to the Thunder line-up after missing a pair of games at the beginning of February. This past week, he scored four times including three game-winning tallies and added to his team-leading 25 goals. Robinson had two multi-point games last week including a two-goal outing against Missouri this past Saturday. He extended the Thunder lead out to a two-goal advantage on two separate occasions after the Mavericks cut the lead to one. Both of his goals were in the third period and he leads the team with five multi-goal games this year.
Robinson is tied for the league-lead in game-winning goals (7) and is four goals shy of hitting the 30-mark for the second time in his career. He led the Thunder in goals a year ago with 39 after being acquired from Laredo for future considerations.
In the month of February, Robinson has 13 points (8g, 5a), has scored four game-winners and is a +9. This is the fourth player award claimed by Wichita as Brett Hemingway, Matt Summers and Thomas Beauregard have earned those honors this season.
The Thunder head on the road for the next two, beginning Friday night in Evansville. Wichita returns home a week from Sunday to take on the Mavericks at 5:05 p.m. For tickets, call 755-SEAT, visit the INTRUST Bank Arena box office or online at www.selectaseat.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2012
- Shots from the Point for February 20, 2012 - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wichita's Matt Robinson Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Robinson Named Oakley Player of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Dayton Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards to Celebrate Milestone Weekend, Retire Gibson's Number March 16-17 - Quad City Mallards
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Gain Five Points for Week 18; Sundogs Visit Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Arizona Sundogs Weekly Update - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly: Bees Look to Snap Streak - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Hosting Millionaire Night on Friday February 24 - Dayton Gems
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- Weekly IceMen Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.