Killer Bees Weekly: Bees Look to Snap Streak
The Killer Bees enter the stretch run of their season with three games this week starting Wednesday in Laredo at 7:00 p.m. The Bees will then play host to the Bloomington Blaze at the State Farm Arena Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m.
THIS WEEKS GAMES
Wednesday at Laredo Bucks, 7:00 p.m.
Laredo Energy Arena - Laredo, Texas
Friday vs Bloomington Blaze, 7:30 p.m.
State Farm Arena - Hidalgo, Texas
Saturday vs Bloomington Blaze, 7:30 p.m.
State Farm Arena - Hidalgo, Texas
LAST WEEKS GAMES
Tuesday vs Evansville IceMen, L 3-4 (SO)
HIDALGO, Texas- With the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (21-21-6) looking to keep pace with the race for the final playoff spot in the Berry Conference they came up just short against a tough Evansville Icemen (28-13-4) squad, falling in a 4-3 shootout loss Tuesday night at the State Farm Arena.
Wednesday vs Evansville IceMen, L 1-3
HIDALGO, Texas- The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (20-22-7) fell against the Evansville Icemen (30-13-4) by a 3-1 score on Wednesday night. In a tough game against the Icemen, the Bees registered a lone goal by Tomas Klempa.
Friday at Texas Brahmas, L 0-1
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas- The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (20-23-7) fell to the Texas Brahmas (25-17-8) on Friday night, a game in which the Bees fired 25 shots on net but all were turned away by Mark Guggenberger who recorded his third straight shutout.
Saturday at Texas Brahmas, L 1-3
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas- The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (20-24-7) fell in their sixth straight game by a 3-1 score to the Texas Brahmas (26-17-8) on Saturday night. Tomas Klempa scored the lone Bees goal in the second period. Wylie Rogers made 29 saves in net.
BEES NEED TO KNOW
. The Central Hockey League trade deadline has passed with the Bees standing pat. The lone trade this season was with Laredo to acquire the rights to Aaron Boogaard. The 2011-12 season is the first since the 2005-06 campaign in which the Bees made only one trade.
. Once Aaron Lee stepped onto the ice on Jan. 15, Texas history was made. The games was Lee's 224th time donning a Killer Bees sweater, a new franchise record. Lee passed Ryan Shymr.
. The 2011 calendar year has come to a close. The Bees finished with a 25-31-7 during 2011 spread over the end of last season and the start of this year.
. Forward Aaron Lee was named a reserve to the 2012 CHL All-Star game. For Lee it was his first All-Star appearance. The All-Stars defeated Arizona 6-4.
. The Bees have not had much success ringing in the new year historically. The Bees are now 2-8-0 on games on New Year's Eve including this years 4-2 win over Arizona.
. Mark Kroeze was signed by the Bees on November 5 to serve as an emergency back-up goalie after an injury to Dan Dunn. Kroeze is a Minnesota native who is also the first-ever McAllen City Urban Forester. Kroeze also serves on the Killer Bees off-ice officials crew.
The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees are proud affiliates of the Florida Panthers and the San Antonio Rampage. Season, half-season, group, and single game tickets are available by callings 956-843-7825 or for more information visit killerbeehockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2012
- Shots from the Point for February 20, 2012 - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wichita's Matt Robinson Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Robinson Named Oakley Player of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Dayton Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards to Celebrate Milestone Weekend, Retire Gibson's Number March 16-17 - Quad City Mallards
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Gain Five Points for Week 18; Sundogs Visit Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Arizona Sundogs Weekly Update - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly: Bees Look to Snap Streak - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Hosting Millionaire Night on Friday February 24 - Dayton Gems
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- Weekly IceMen Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.