Wins at Wichita - The Mavericks captured their second win on the Wichita Thunder's home ice this season Sunday evening at INTRUST Bank Arena in downtown Wichita. Even more impressively, the Mavericks account for 33% of the Thunder's home losses this season, as they hold a 21-6-0 record on home ice.
Busy week - The Mavericks play four times this week, kicking off four games in six nights on Tuesday night against the Rapid City Rush at Independence Events Center. The Mavs hit the road to Dayton to face the Gems on Friday night in Ohio before returning to Missouri to face the Wichita Thunder on Saturday night. The Mavs then wrap up the week with another Sunday evening matchup against the Thunder in Wichita.
Arm's length - The Mavericks hold a three-point advantage in the standings above the Rapid City Rush and Quad City Mallards for third place in the CHL's Turner Conference. With 17 games left on the Mavs schedule, the playoff push has started. Missouri still remains within shouting distance of first place in the conference, trailing the Evansville IceMen by eight points for the overall top spot in the conference.
Dickson & McGrane - Mavs forwards John-Scott Dickson and Ed McGrane are currently tied for the team lead in goals this season with 22. When either Dickson or McGrane scores, the Mavs are a combined 23-9-2 this season.
Sports Radio 810 - The Mavericks games against the Dayton Gems on February 24 and Wichita Thunder on February 26 will be aired live on Sports Radio 810 WHB with play-by-play announcer Danny Clinkscale. The Mavericks have three more games on Sports Radio 810 this season after Sunday's broadcast.
Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity Mavericks Bowl-A-Thon - Come and support Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity and the Missouri Mavericks Hockey Team at STRIKERZ Entertainment Center, located at 18900 E. Valley View Parkway, Independence MO 64055, on February 22 from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. You will have a chance to meet and bowl with your local Mavericks players and have a great evening with family and friends.
Saturday sellouts - The Mavericks have sold out 13 games so far this season including eight sellouts on Saturdays. In their three-year history, the Mavericks have sold out every Saturday game in January, February and March. In total, the Mavs have 47 sellouts (including playoffs) in franchise history.
500,000 fans - The Mavericks welcomed their 500,000th fan in franchise history during their game against the Arizona Sundogs last Friday night. To show their gratitude, the Mavericks and their corporate partners gave away over $100,000 in coupons and prizes, including a $2000 custom Mavericks barbeque grill and a $1000 Chuck-A-Puck jackpot that was split between 18 separate winners.
Season Tickets on Sale Now - Missouri Mavericks 2012-13 season tickets are now on sale. A $50 dollar non-refundable deposit is required for all season tickets. Contact the Mavericks ticket staff Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm at (816) 252-7825 if you are interested in season tickets. Every current Mavericks season ticket holder who renews their season tickets before March 23 will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win an $18,000 Harley-Davidson Fatboy motorcycle.
Tickets for all regular season games are on sale via Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or www.Ticketmaster.com. Call the Mavericks' office at (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2012
- Shots from the Point for February 20, 2012 - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wichita's Matt Robinson Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Robinson Named Oakley Player of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Dayton Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards to Celebrate Milestone Weekend, Retire Gibson's Number March 16-17 - Quad City Mallards
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Gain Five Points for Week 18; Sundogs Visit Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Arizona Sundogs Weekly Update - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly: Bees Look to Snap Streak - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Hosting Millionaire Night on Friday February 24 - Dayton Gems
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- Weekly IceMen Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Zach Osburn Re-Ups for Second Season with the Mavericks
- Mavericks Sign Former Sabres Draft Pick Giorgio Estephan
- Mavericks Ink Defenseman Willie Corrin
- Rookie Defenseman Noah Delmas Joins Mavericks
- Back-To-Back Usport Goalie of the Year Taran Kozun Joins KC