Dayton Gems Weekly
GAMES THIS WEEK
Friday, February 24 vs Missouri Mavericks (Hara Arena, 0 Radio: wave96.net TV: CHL TV 0 Promotion: Millionaire Night. Lottery ticket & fortune cookie to first 500 fans 18+
Saturday, February 25 vs Arizona Sundogs (Hara Arena, 7pm) Radio: wave96.net TV: CHL TV 0 Promotion: Kyle Bochek Bobblehead Giveaway to first 1,000 fans. Deaf Awareness Night. National Anthem performed in ASL. Scout Night.
Sunday, February 26 vs Evansville IceMen (Hara Arena, 4pm) Radio: wave96.net TV: CHL TV 0 Promotion: Poster Giveaway to first 1,000 fans. Postgame skate & autograph session.
LAST WEEK'S RECAP
Tuesday, February 14 @ Tulsa Oilers (4-2 LOSS)
Wednesday, February 15 @ Texas Brahmas (2-0 LOSS)
Friday, February 17 vs Allen Americans (2-1 SO LOSS)
Saturday, February 18 vs Bloomington Blaze (3-2 SO WIN)
Jammed It for Jimmy - The Gems thawed the IceMen 4-3 in front of a season high crowd of 5,187 inside Hara Arena on Saturday, January 28. Portions of the ticket proceeds went to local teen cancer patient Jimmy Jenks, who dropped the ceremonial first puck.
Larry Saves - netminder Larry Sterling continues to stalk the top of the CHL's stat chart, maintaining a fifth best save percentage of .925.
Dunn It Right - Dayton's newly acquired netminder Dan Dunn is the fifth netminder this regular season to don a Gems sweater. Most recently a member of the Allen Americans, he was acquired as off waivers and earned his first win during his first start on February 18 against the Blaze (3-2 Shootout win).
Berry Unforgiving - The Gems spent last week playing a tough three game series against Berry Conference opponents (Tulsa, Texas and Allen), picking up one point in a shootout loss to Allen.
All Star Lutes - Brett Lutes represented the Gem City as the lone Gems player participating in the 2012 All Star Game. Luteswould earn two assists and a +5 rating to help his CHL All Star team beat the CHL's Arizona Sundogs 6-4.
The Closer - Dayton's Tim Hartung sits tied for most Game Winning Goals by a defenseman with 4, while leading the CHL's blueliners in Shootout Goals with 6.
Powerplay Master - Brandon Naurato is locked in a three way tie for most powerplay goals with 10.
Tickets to the three upcoming Gems home games on Friday against Misouri, Saturday against Arizona and Sunday against Evansville are on sale now at the Hara Arena box office, Ticketmaster, and by calling the Gems ticket office at 275-7777. Discounts are available for groups of ten or more. Visitwww.DaytonGems.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2012
- Shots from the Point for February 20, 2012 - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wichita's Matt Robinson Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Robinson Named Oakley Player of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Dayton Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards to Celebrate Milestone Weekend, Retire Gibson's Number March 16-17 - Quad City Mallards
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Gain Five Points for Week 18; Sundogs Visit Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Arizona Sundogs Weekly Update - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly: Bees Look to Snap Streak - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Hosting Millionaire Night on Friday February 24 - Dayton Gems
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- Weekly IceMen Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Gems Stories
- Dayton Gems Donate Thousands of Dollars to Local Family & Area First Responders
- Dayton Gems End Season After 6-2 Loss to Komets Sunday
- Gems Play Season Finale Against Komets Today
- Gems Fall in Overtime to Komets 2-1 on Saturday Night
- Gems Host Komets for "Pack the House Night"