Wichita's Matt Robinson Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week
February 20, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
GLENDALE, AZ (February 20, 2012) -The Central Hockey League announced today that Wichita's Matt Robinson has been named the Oakley Central Hockey League Player of the Week for the period ending February 19, 2012.
In recognition of his achievement, Robinson will receive a special gift from Oakley. To learn more about the wide range of Oakley's products, visit www.oakley.com.
The Surrey, British Colombia native was a key contributor to the Thunder's three-win week notching the game winning goal in all three victories. His surge has moved him to the top of the league leader's list in game winning goals tied with Rio Grande Valley's Aaron Lee with seven game winners.
This past week, the 2012 CHL All-Star scored four goals and had one assist. His week started on Tuesday night against Laredo where he scored the game winner in the 6-1 victory. On Friday, Robinson scored the game winning goal and had an assist in Wichita's 2-1 win over Quad City and then on Saturday he scored two goals (including the GWG) in the Thunder's 4-1 win over Missouri.
On the season, the 6-1, 185-pound forward has 25 goals and 20 assists in 48 games played and has been a big key in the Thunder owning the CHL's best record at 34-14-2 (70 points).
Oakley CHL Player of the Week
Matt Robinson, Wichita Thunder
Games Played: 4
Game Winning Goals: 3
Oakley CHL Player of the Week Winners
Oct. 24 - Brett Hemingway (Wichita)
Oct. 31 - Eric Giosa (Quad City)
Nov. 7 - Todd Robinson (Evansville)
Nov. 14 - Brian Bicek (Evansville)
Nov. 21 - Jeff Terminesi (Tulsa)
Nov. 28 - Jean-Michael Rizk (Fort Wayne)
Dec. 5 - Vladimir Nikiforov (Bloomington)
Dec. 12 - Jesse Schultz (Rapid City)
Dec. 19 - Thomas Beauregard (Wichita)
Dec. 26 - Bruce Graham (Allen)
Jan. 2 - Matt Summers (Wichita)
Jan. 9 - Todd Robinson (Evansville)
Jan. 16 - Tomas Klempa (Rio Grande Valley)
Jan. 23 - Rusty Masters (Laredo)
Jan. 30 - Tyler Butler (Arizona)
Feb. 6 - Scott Wray (Rapid City)
Feb. 13 - Todd Robinson (Evansville)
Feb. 20 - Matt Robinson (Wichita)
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2012
- Shots from the Point for February 20, 2012 - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wichita's Matt Robinson Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Robinson Named Oakley Player of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Dayton Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards to Celebrate Milestone Weekend, Retire Gibson's Number March 16-17 - Quad City Mallards
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Gain Five Points for Week 18; Sundogs Visit Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Arizona Sundogs Weekly Update - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly: Bees Look to Snap Streak - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Hosting Millionaire Night on Friday February 24 - Dayton Gems
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- Weekly IceMen Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.