Rob Hamilton Returns to Manchester
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Rich Seeley, announced today that Rob Hamilton has been returned from loan by the Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL) to the Monarchs.
The Monarchs are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Los Angeles Kings. Hamilton, 24, returns to the Monarchs after playing in 30 games this season for the Springfield Thunderbirds, where he recorded 12 points (1g, 11a). During his first stint with the Monarchs this season, Hamilton played in 12 games and racked up six points (2g, 4a). The 6-foot, 194-pound defenseman from Calgary, Alberta, spent the majority of the 2016-17 season with the University of Vermont (H-East), before playing in six games for both the Monarchs and Thunderbirds after departing from Vermont. Hamilton finished his senior season with 10 goals and 11 assists through 38 games with the Catamounts. Over the course of his four years at Vermont, Hamilton skated in 119 games, registering 43 points on 12 goals and 31 assists.
Hamilton and the Monarchs are back in action Wednesday, Feb. 28, when they take on the Wheeling Nailers at SNHU Arena at 7 p.m. Visit us at ManchesterMonarchs.com, follow the team on Twitter: @MonarchsHockey, and like us on Facebook for additional information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 28, 2018
- Stingrays Suffer Setback in Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Get 30th Win in Thrilling Overtime Fashion - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 'Blades Snap IceMen 's Winning Streak in Estero - Jacksonville IceMen
- 'Blades Snap IceMen's Winning Streak in Estero - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Down Mallards 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Hammered by Nailers, 6-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Nailers Earn 2,000th Point in 6-3 Win against Manchester - Wheeling Nailers
- Olivier Mantha Assigned to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 28 - ECHL
- Steelheads Acquire Goaltender Tomas Sholl - Idaho Steelheads
- Rob Hamilton Returns to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Goalie Jake Paterson Assigned to Allen by Milwaukee - Allen Americans
- Thunder Announce Jerseys off Our Backs Promotion - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, February 28 - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Remind Fans Love Is Not Lost with Removal of Love Locks with Friday Lock Exchange - Norfolk Admirals
- Rays Sign Kozun, McGauley Re-Assigned to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Land J.T. Henke, Sign Brad Barone - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rampage Recall Forward Conner Bleackley from Tulsa Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers at Monarchs Game Day Snap Shot, February 28 - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Icemen Face Off Against 'Blades - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manchester Monarchs Stories
- Monarchs School Thunder, 4-1
- Growlers Sweep Monarchs, 3-0
- Growlers Double up Monarchs, 4-2
- David Kolomatis Becomes All-Time Franchise Point Leader
- Royals Knock off Monarchs, 4-2