Steelheads Acquire Goaltender Tomas Sholl
Boise, ID - Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced on Wednesday that the team has acquired rookie goaltender Tomas Sholl from the Adirondack Thunder in exchange for future considerations.
Sholl, 23, joins the Steelheads after appearing in eight games this season with the Thunder, posting a record of 5-0-1 with a 2.05 goals-against average and a .939 save percentage. The Hermosa Beach, California native has given up two goals or fewer in seven of his eight appearances, all coming in the month of February. He also appeared in 20 games this season in the Southern Professional Hockey League with the Macon Mayhem and the Evansville Thunderbolts, going 14-3-3 with a 2.52 goals-against average, a .917 save percentage, and a shutout.
Prior to turning pro, Sholl played three years of NCAA Division I hockey at Bowling Green State University. Sholl was 7-10-0 at Bowling Green with two shutouts, a 3.93 goals-against average, and an .891 save percentage. He was named to the WCHA All-Academic Team in 2016.
In a separate move, the Steelheads traded goaltender Carmine Guerriero to the Manchester Monarchs on Wednesday for future considerations.
The Steelheads and Wichita Thunder meet for a pair of games this weekend at INTRUST Bank Arena, beginning Friday with puck-drop scheduled for 6:05pm MT. The game can be heard on 1350AM KTIK and seen on ECHLTV.
Images from this story
Goaltender Tomas Sholl with the Adirondack Thunder
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 28, 2018
- Stingrays Suffer Setback in Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Get 30th Win in Thrilling Overtime Fashion - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 'Blades Snap IceMen 's Winning Streak in Estero - Jacksonville IceMen
- 'Blades Snap IceMen's Winning Streak in Estero - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Down Mallards 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Hammered by Nailers, 6-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Nailers Earn 2,000th Point in 6-3 Win against Manchester - Wheeling Nailers
- Olivier Mantha Assigned to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 28 - ECHL
- Steelheads Acquire Goaltender Tomas Sholl - Idaho Steelheads
- Rob Hamilton Returns to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Goalie Jake Paterson Assigned to Allen by Milwaukee - Allen Americans
- Thunder Announce Jerseys off Our Backs Promotion - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, February 28 - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Remind Fans Love Is Not Lost with Removal of Love Locks with Friday Lock Exchange - Norfolk Admirals
- Rays Sign Kozun, McGauley Re-Assigned to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Land J.T. Henke, Sign Brad Barone - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rampage Recall Forward Conner Bleackley from Tulsa Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers at Monarchs Game Day Snap Shot, February 28 - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Icemen Face Off Against 'Blades - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Kale Kessy Joins Steelheads
- Idaho Steelheads Add Rookie Defenseman Scott Dornbrock
- Brian McCormack Named Director of Broadcasting for the AHL's San Antonio Rampage
- Steelheads Acquire ECHL Rights to Justin Kea from Florida Everblades
- Alexander Dahl Returns to Steelheads for Second Season