Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island
Uniondale, N.Y. - The Iowa Wolves (17-29) dropped their fourth straight contest Sunday afternoon, falling 122-111 to the Eastern Conference-leading Long Island Nets (30-14).
Iowa has now lost four of its last five road games and are 6-17 as the visiting team this season.
Jaylen Johnson paced the Wolves with a season-high 20 points. The forward made a team-high four three-pointers on five attempts from deep.
Brandon Goodwin finished with this fourth 20-point game in his last five outings, tallying 20 points, seven rebounds and a team-high seven assists.
As a team the Wolves were outrebounded 61-38 by the league-leading Nets, who averaged 53.7 rebounds before Sunday's contest.
Iowa attempted 14 more shots from the field than Long Island but made one fewer basket for the game. Defensively, the Wolves allowed the home team to shoot 48.4% from the field.
The Nets dominated the paint throughout the game, outscoring the Wolves 66-44.
Marquise Moore finished with 16 points, six rebounds and five assists in a starting role for Iowa.
Darius Johnson-Odom contributed 18 points, keeping his double-digit scoring streak intact (17).
Two-way forward Theo Pinson poured in a game-high 26 points for Long Island, converting on 9-of-13 shots, including 5-of-8 from long distance. Alan Williams secured a double-double for the Nets, finishing with 19 points and a game-high 15 rebounds.
Iowa returns home for its final two games of the season beginning Wednesday, March 13, when the team hosts the Austin Spurs at 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 10, 2019
- Epps, Obasohan Lead Suns Rout of Legends - Northern Arizona Suns
- Long Island Defeats Iowa for Ninth Win in a Row - Long Island Nets
- BayHawks Cruise Past Go-Go - Erie BayHawks
- Magic Top Charge in Sunday Matinee - Canton Charge
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island - Iowa Wolves
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Allen, Knicks Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Land Seven in Double-Figures in 115-106 Win over Maine - Westchester Knicks
- South Bay Falls to Clippers in Ontario - South Bay Lakers
- Clippers Close in on Final Playoff Spot with Win over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.