Clippers Close in on Final Playoff Spot with Win over Lakers
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (23-21) inch closer to the final playoff spot, defeating the rival South Bay Lakers (17-27), 122-110, on Saturday night.
The win puts the Clippers half a game back of the Memphis Hustle (24-21) and Salt Lake City Stars (24-21) for the sixth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference with seven games remaining on their schedule.
Agua Caliente opened the game red-hot, scoring a season-high 48 points in the first quarter on 73.9 percent shooting from the field. The Clippers would remain hot in the second, finishing the half with 75 points, the most by any team in either half this season.
Manu Lecomte led the Clippers in the opening frame, scoring 17 points on a perfect 5-of-5 from the field, including four 3 pointers. He would make his first five three point attempts, 7-of-10 overall, on his way to 26 points for the game.
Johnathan Motley led all scorers with 34 points and added 11 rebounds for the double-double. Angel Delgado added a double-double of his own, his 28th of the season, recording 19 points and 14 rebounds.
With this loss, the South Bay Lakers are officially eliminated from playoff contention.
Justin Harper led the Lakers with 21 points, seven rebounds, and six assists. Spencer Hawes added a double-double off the bench with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
The Clippers travel to Prescott Valley to take on the Northern Arizona Suns on Tuesday. Game tips off at 6:30 p.m. PDT inside the Prescott Valley Event Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 10, 2019
- Epps, Obasohan Lead Suns Rout of Legends - Northern Arizona Suns
- Long Island Defeats Iowa for Ninth Win in a Row - Long Island Nets
- BayHawks Cruise Past Go-Go - Erie BayHawks
- Magic Top Charge in Sunday Matinee - Canton Charge
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island - Iowa Wolves
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Allen, Knicks Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Land Seven in Double-Figures in 115-106 Win over Maine - Westchester Knicks
- South Bay Falls to Clippers in Ontario - South Bay Lakers
- Clippers Close in on Final Playoff Spot with Win over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Clippers Unfazed by OKC, Take Home Opener
- Last Second Free Throws Lift Clippers over Suns in Season Opener
- Agua Caliente Clippers Finalize Opening Night Roster
- Agua Caliente Clippers Announce Training Camp Roster
- Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Announce Open Tryouts