RiverDogs' Homewrecker to Be Featured On Travel Channel's Man v. Food
CHARLESTON, SC - Once again, the food at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park will be featured nationally. This time it is the famed "homewrecker."
Introduced two years ago, the Charleston RiverDogs' homewrecker is a half-pound, foot-long, all-beef hot dog that is served hot and on a warm bun. Ketchup? Mustard? Relish? Of course, but there's 22 more toppings from which to choose, including pimento cheese, jalapeños, okra, sweet and sour sauce and more. Much more.
The delicacy will be the featured concession stand item that The Travel Network's popular television show, Man v. Food, will showcase when host Adam Richman and his crew come to Riley Park on May 26 for the RiverDogs game against Bowling Green.
"We're excited about having Man v. Food come to Riley Park to focus on our famed homewrecker," said RiverDogs General Manager Dave Echols. "While I'm certain they will enjoy that mammoth hot dog, I'm also convinced they will enjoy many of our other concession items that Lowcountry fans have come to enjoy."
In the Man v. Food series, Richman sets out to travel the country in search of the best places to do some serious indulging. With a lengthy resume of restaurant experience and a lifelong passion for food, Richman's culinary skills coupled with his seasoned palate provide a gastronomical compass to the best spots to taste America's iconic dishes.
Concessions at Riley Park have been featured nationally several times, most recently when The Food Network aired a special hosted by Rachel Ray on ballpark food and ESPN The Magazine did a pictorial on ballpark food that focused on the RiverDogs' wide variety of choices.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 15, 2009
- Captains out-last Crawdads in 12 innings, 8-7 - Hickory Crawdads
- Strong pitching moves Hagerstown past Hoppers - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Legends get smacked by Gnats - Lexington Legends
- Power use 14-hit attack in win over Delmarva - West Virginia Power
- Satin hits grand slam as Gnats win 7-1 - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Rain Victorious in Charleston's Opener at Bowling Green - Charleston RiverDogs
- Edgardo Alfonso wins no. 200 tonight in Lexington - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Drive Drop Series Opener with Braves, 4-2, in 10 Innings - Greenville Drive
- Kannapolis drops 3-2 heartbreaker to Lakewood - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Surkamp Stuns Tourists - Asheville Tourists
- Late Home Run Lifts BlueClaws - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Surkamp Dominant in 5-1 Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- Former Sand Gant Antonini Gets Call to Triple-A, Starts Tonight - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Tourists Place Wetzel on DL; Dodson Promoted - Asheville Tourists
- Tourists To Host "Baseball and Beers" at McCormick Field August 22 - Asheville Tourists
- Rome Makes Roster Moves - Rome Braves
- RiverDogs' Homewrecker to Be Featured On Travel Channel's Man v. Food - Charleston RiverDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.