RiverDogs Cancel Season Finale Amidst Hurricane Dorian Evacuation Order
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Charleston RiverDogs will cancel the final home game of the 2019 season scheduled for 2 p.m. on Monday, September 2. The cancellation will allow fans, staff, players, and the community to prepare for Hurricane Dorian following Gov. Henry McMaster's mandatory evacuation order for Charleston County starting at noon Monday.
"The most important thing during this time is for everyone in Charleston County and in areas likely to be affected by Hurricane Dorian to make and execute their plans to stay safe over the coming day," RiverDogs president and general manager Dave Echols said.
The final game against the Greenville Drive will not be made up. Ticketholders for Monday's game will be able to use their ticket to attend any game during the 2020 season, excluding Opening Day and July 4 th. Any additional questions about the canceled game can be referred to the RiverDogs front office at 843-577-3647 and will be answered upon the staff's safe return to the office.
"We thank the fans for a remarkable season - one in which more than 300,000 fans attended games at The Joe - and we urge RiverDogs fans to heed official instructions and stay safe this week," Echols said.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Jackets Clinch 2nd Half Title - Augusta GreenJackets
- Asheville Pushes Back in 7-2 Victory over Rome - Rome Braves
- Fireflies Show Their Courage, Fight to the Finish in Competitive Tilt - Columbia Fireflies
- Gonzalez Hits 23rd Homer in 'Dads Loss - Hickory Crawdads
- 'Birds Can't Capitalize in Clutch against K-Town - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Contreras Dominates as Dogs Rout Drive in Fourth Straight Win - Charleston RiverDogs
- RiverDogs Cancel Season Finale Amidst Hurricane Dorian Evacuation Order - Charleston RiverDogs
- 'Claws Miscues Lead to Third Straight Dub - Hagerstown Suns
- Offense Explodes in 7-3 Win in Penultimate Game - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: September 1 at Augusta (Game 135) - Columbia Fireflies
- Tourists Earn a Victory in Must Win Game - Asheville Tourists
- Suns Top Claws 4-3 on Sunday to Take Third Straight in Series - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Late-Inning Comeback Not Enough in 4-3 Loss - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Game Notes (September 1) - West Virginia Power
- Bill on Baseball: Koch Achieves 3-Homer Hat Trick - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Rome Mounts Furious Comeback in 8-4 Win - Rome Braves
- Avant Dominates, Columbia's Comeback Falls Short in Ninth - Columbia Fireflies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.