Gonzalez Hits 23rd Homer in 'Dads Loss
Hickory, NC - The Hickory Crawdads fell to the Lexington Legends 6-3 on Sunday evening. The 'Dads have a chance to even the series and set their all-time best winning percentage tomorrow afternoon in the regular season finale.
Pedro Gonzalez smoked a homerun to left field to give the Crawdads a 1-0 lead in the first inning. The homerun was his 23rd of the season, which is tied for most in the South Atlantic League.
The Legends took the lead with three runs in the top of the second inning.
The 'Dads quickly tied things up in the bottom half of the inning. Miguel Aparicio doubled to start off the inning and came home on a single by Frainyer Chavez. Chavez got himself into scoring position with his 17th steal of the season. Gonzalez hit a single to drive in Chavez and even the score at three.
Lexington pulled ahead 4-3 on a solo homerun in the fourth inning. They added another two runs in the sixth inning to make the score 6-3.
The regular season wraps up tomorrow with a Labor Day matinee at 1pm. It will be fan appreciation and fans can win prizes throughout the game. The 'Dads are also auctioning off their alternate blue jerseys. Fans can bid now in the LiveSource app or at the stadium during the game. The auction will conclude with the first pitch of the seventh inning and the jerseys will be available to take home following postseason play.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Jackets Clinch 2nd Half Title - Augusta GreenJackets
- Asheville Pushes Back in 7-2 Victory over Rome - Rome Braves
- Fireflies Show Their Courage, Fight to the Finish in Competitive Tilt - Columbia Fireflies
- Gonzalez Hits 23rd Homer in 'Dads Loss - Hickory Crawdads
- 'Birds Can't Capitalize in Clutch against K-Town - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Contreras Dominates as Dogs Rout Drive in Fourth Straight Win - Charleston RiverDogs
- RiverDogs Cancel Season Finale Amidst Hurricane Dorian Evacuation Order - Charleston RiverDogs
- 'Claws Miscues Lead to Third Straight Dub - Hagerstown Suns
- Offense Explodes in 7-3 Win in Penultimate Game - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: September 1 at Augusta (Game 135) - Columbia Fireflies
- Tourists Earn a Victory in Must Win Game - Asheville Tourists
- Suns Top Claws 4-3 on Sunday to Take Third Straight in Series - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Late-Inning Comeback Not Enough in 4-3 Loss - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Game Notes (September 1) - West Virginia Power
- Bill on Baseball: Koch Achieves 3-Homer Hat Trick - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Rome Mounts Furious Comeback in 8-4 Win - Rome Braves
- Avant Dominates, Columbia's Comeback Falls Short in Ninth - Columbia Fireflies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.