Rich Boyd Returns for Second Season with Solar Bears
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced the club has agreed to terms with defenseman Rich Boyd on an ECHL Standard Player Contract for the 2020-21 season.
Boyd, 25, returns to Orlando after completing his first full season of professional hockey with the Solar Bears, recording 12 points (8g-4a) and 41 penalty minutes in 38 games. Boyd's eight goals tied with Michael Brodzinski for the team goal-scoring lead among defensemen, and was one goal away from matching the franchise single-season mark for goals by a rookie blueliner (Bryce Aneloski, 9 - 2013-14).
The 6-foot-3, 209-pound rearguard has also skated in two ECHL contests with the Maine Mariners, logging two penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, the Fort Myers, Fla. native played five seasons of college hockey for the University of New Hampshire. In 124 games for the Wildcats program, Boyd collected 21 points (6g-15a) and 72 penalty minutes.
Images from this story
Orlando Solar Bears defenseman Rich Boyd
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 23, 2020
- Oilers Ink Rookie Duo from Adrian College - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Sign Michigan Tech Captain Raymond Brice - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kucia Joins Allen Americans as Senior Director, Ticket Sales & Service - Allen Americans
- Dauda Returns; IceMen Add Defenseman Jarod Hilderman - Jacksonville IceMen
- Boka Brothers on Their Way to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks and Calgary Flames Extend NHL Affiliation for 2020-21 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Defenseman Steven Ruggiero Joins Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Rich Boyd Returns for Second Season with Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.