K-Wings Sign Michigan Tech Captain Raymond Brice
KALAMAZOO, MI - The Kalamazoo Wings, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Vancouver Canucks, announced the club's first player signing for the 2020-21 season Thursday, inking rookie forward Raymond Brice to a standard player contract.
Brice, 24, begins his first pro season in Kalamazoo after captaining the Michigan Tech Huskies during the 2019-20 season. The Houghton, Michigan native scored six goals and totaled eight points in 28 games last season, finishing his college career with 26 points (13 goals, 13 assists) in 95 games.
"We have been trying to recruit players with a high compete level and Brice's motor never quits. He is a player that brings it every night," said K-Wings Head Coach Nick Bootland. "His character fits perfectly into the culture that we've created here."
The 6-foot-0, 194 lbs. forward previously played 114 games across two junior seasons in the North American Hockey League with the Soo Eagles and New Jersey Junior Titans. Brice scored 21 goals and compiled 36 points for the Titans in 2015-16 before heading to Michigan Tech.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 23, 2020
- Oilers Ink Rookie Duo from Adrian College - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Sign Michigan Tech Captain Raymond Brice - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kucia Joins Allen Americans as Senior Director, Ticket Sales & Service - Allen Americans
- Dauda Returns; IceMen Add Defenseman Jarod Hilderman - Jacksonville IceMen
- Boka Brothers on Their Way to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks and Calgary Flames Extend NHL Affiliation for 2020-21 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Defenseman Steven Ruggiero Joins Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Rich Boyd Returns for Second Season with Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.