Revolution Visit D.C. United on Saturday Night
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution visit D.C. United on Saturday night at Audi Field. The match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET and is available to watch free on the Apple TV appin English and Spanish. Ed Cohen and Lori Lindsey will have the call in English, with Juan Arango and Carlos Suarez providing Spanish commentary. Saturday's match can also be heard on the radio on 98.5 The Sports Hub, with Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies calling the action, and on 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA in Portuguese.
New England enters Matchday 5 in second place in the Eastern Conference with three wins and three clean sheets following a 1-0 win over Nashville SC in Foxborough on Saturday. The Revolution's three shutouts are tied for most in MLS through four weeks. With his latest shutout, goalkeeper Djordje Petrović became the fifth MLS goalkeeper to record 10 clean sheets in his first 25 league starts, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The young Serbian enters Matchday 5 tied for the league lead in wins (3), while ranking second in saves (20). Petrović earned a shutout in his only previous meeting with D.C. United, a 1-0 win on Aug. 13, 2022. Defender Henry Kessler, who has started all four games at center back next to Dave Romney, earned his second appearance on the MLS Team of the Matchday this season for the shutout performance against Nashville.
Forward Gustavo Bou, who also appeared on the MLS Team of the Matchday, provided the winning touch with a blast from his left foot in the 52nd minute for his first goal of the season, assisted by DeJuan Jones. Five different Revolution players have found the back of the net this year. The Argentinian striker wore the captain's armband in his second start of the season, and New England's second consecutive match with midfielder Carles Gil in the starting lineup as he works his way back from a muscle strain. With Gil on the mend, Bou is tasked with catalyzing a New England attack also led by experienced American forward Bobby Wood, who has made three straight starts with one goal scored. However, the Revolution will look to their offensive depth to account for the absence of 21-year-old midfielder Dylan Borrero, who is on international duty this week with the Colombia National Team.
Sporting Director and Head Coach Bruce Arena, who began his MLS coaching career with D.C. United and guided the club to back-to-back MLS Cup titles in 1996 and 1997, owns a 14-5-8 all-time record against his former team. Arena's 22 away victories, including the postseason, since joining the Revolution in June 2019 are the most in MLS during that span. On the other end of the sideline, D.C. United is led by Head Coach Wayne Rooney, the former English Premier League fixture who has led the Black and Red to a 1-2-1 start in his second season. D.C. United fell to New York City FC, 3-2, in its last match. Averaging 1.5 goals per game this year, D.C. is always a threat to score with former Premier League forward Christian Benteke leading the line. The Belgian international leads D.C. with two goals in four starts. New England owns a 7-1-0 record over its last eight encounters with the Black and Red.
Matchday #5 vs. D.C United
Date: Saturday, March 25
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET
Location: Audi Field (Washington D.C.)
WATCH & LISTEN:
Watch FREE on the Apple TV app in English and Spanish
English Talent: Ed Cohen (play-by-play), Lori Lindsey (analyst)
Spanish Talent: Juan Arango (play-by-play), Carlos Suarez (analyst)
English Radio: 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
Radio Talent: Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies
Portuguese Radio: WBIX 1260 AM "Nossa Radio USA"
MLS Season Passis available now through the Apple TV app on Apple devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, set-top boxes, and game consoles, and on the web at tv.apple.com. Fans can now subscribe to MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app for $14.99 per month during the season or $99 per season, and Apple TV+ subscribers can sign up at a special price of $12.99 per month and $79 per season. As an exclusive benefit of their full-season membership, New England Revolution Season Members receive one MLS Season Pass subscription with each account. Visit Revolutionsoccer.net or call 1-877-GET-REVS to learn more about becoming a Season Member.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 24, 2023
- LAFC Hosts FC Dallas on Saturday March 25 - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Travel to Face the Portland Timbers at Providence Park Tomorrow, Saturday, March 25 - LA Galaxy
- Rapids at Austin FC Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Faces Sporting Kansas City Saturday at Children's Mercy Park - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Signs David Ruiz on Short-Term Loan Agreement from Inter Miami CF II - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Hosts Seattle Sounders on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Houston Dynamo FC Sign Veteran Center Back Erik Sviatchenko Using Targeted Allocation Money - Houston Dynamo FC
- 2023 Real Salt Lake Campaign Continues Saturday v St. Louis City SC - Real Salt Lake
- Rapids Face off against Austin FC on the RoadÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Add Bret Halsey to First Team Roster - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC 2 Sign Mihail Gherasimencov and Antoine Coupland - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Aaron Cervantes to Short-Term Loan - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Sign Markus Cimermancic and Alonso Coello Camarero to Short-Term Agreements - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Midfielder Pedro Santos Undergoes Knee Surgery - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew - Atlanta United FC
- Kayden Pierre Teams up with Blue KC as Sporting Samaritan Ambassador - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Adds First-Round Pick Emeka Eneli to First-Team Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Sign WFC2 Midfielder Vasco Fry to MLS Short-Term Agreement - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Richy Ledezma: 10 Things to KnowÃÂ - New York City FC
- The Assist: Orlando City at Philadelphia Union - March 25, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps Preview - Minnesota United FC
- New York City Football Club Acquire Midfielder Richard Ledezma Via Intraleague Loan from Real Salt Lake - New York City FC
- Real Salt Lake Loans 2023 MLS Rights to Richard Ledezma to New York City FC - Real Salt Lake
- (Re)boot: New Brand Partnering with Professional Fútbol Clubs Sets out to Tackle Waste Crisis by Keeping Worn Sports Gear in Play - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Hosts Rivals FC Cincinnati at GEODIS Park for the First Time - Nashville SC
- Revolution Visit D.C. United on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- Charlotte FC Signs Academy Product Jack Neeley as Homegrown Player - Charlotte FC
- Revolution Sign GK Nico Campuzano to Short-Term Agreement - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati, Nashville SC Meet in Early-Season Eastern Conference Showdown - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Look to Advance in Concacaf Champions Cup against CA Independiente in First Home Match of 2024
- 10-Man Revolution Fall at D.C. United in MLS Season Opener
- Revolution Open 2024 Major League Soccer Season at D.C. United on Saturday Night
- The Arbella Insurance Group Announces Sponsorship with the New England Revolution for the 2024 and 2025 MLS Seasons
- Revolution Earn 1-0 Victory vs. CA Independiente in First Match of Concacaf Champions Cup