Revolution Sign GK Nico Campuzano to Short-Term Agreement
March 24, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - New England Revolution News Release
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (March 24, 2023) - The New England Revolution have elevated Revolution II goalkeeper Nico Campuzano (NEE-co camp-oo-ZAH-no) to the MLS roster on a Short-Term Agreement for Saturday's away match at D.C. United (7:30 p.m. ET, free on the Apple TV app, 98.5 FM, 1260 AM).
Campuzano, 25, earns the short-term call-up to supplement the Revolution's goalkeeping unit as Earl Edwards Jr. is unavailable for Saturday's match due to illness. He first signed with Revolution II in December after spending the 2022 season with FC Cincinnati 2. The goalkeeper recorded 14 saves across four appearances last season.
In college, the Cantabria, Spain native made 40 appearances at the University of Pittsburgh, where he logged 118 career saves and earned a 29-9-2 record in two seasons with the Panthers. In 2021, Campuzano was named to the United Soccer Coaches first team South All-Region, All-ACC first team, All-ACC Tournament Team, and All-ACC Academic Team. While at Pittsburgh, he earned his master's degree in information systems.
A club may sign a player, age 25 or younger, during the league season from its MLS NEXT Pro affiliate to a maximum of four Short-Term Agreements (up to four-game contracts) each season (maximum of 16 days). An individual player may be included on up to four MLS league season match rosters each season, however, that player may appear in no more than two MLS league season matches. An individual player may appear in any number of non-league games during the terms of his four Short-Term Agreements.
TRANSACTION: New England Revolution sign Revolution II goalkeeper Nico Campuzano on a Short-Term Agreement on March 24, 2023.
#81 NICO CAMPUZANO
Pronunciation: NEE-co camp-oo-ZAH-no
Date of Birth: 1/29/1998 (25)
Hometown: Cantabria, Spain
How Acquired: Signed by Revolution II to an MLS NEXT Pro professional contract on December 8, 2022.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 24, 2023
- LAFC Hosts FC Dallas on Saturday March 25 - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Travel to Face the Portland Timbers at Providence Park Tomorrow, Saturday, March 25 - LA Galaxy
- Rapids at Austin FC Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Faces Sporting Kansas City Saturday at Children's Mercy Park - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Signs David Ruiz on Short-Term Loan Agreement from Inter Miami CF II - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Hosts Seattle Sounders on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Houston Dynamo FC Sign Veteran Center Back Erik Sviatchenko Using Targeted Allocation Money - Houston Dynamo FC
- 2023 Real Salt Lake Campaign Continues Saturday v St. Louis City SC - Real Salt Lake
- Rapids Face off against Austin FC on the RoadÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Add Bret Halsey to First Team Roster - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC 2 Sign Mihail Gherasimencov and Antoine Coupland - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Aaron Cervantes to Short-Term Loan - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Sign Markus Cimermancic and Alonso Coello Camarero to Short-Term Agreements - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Midfielder Pedro Santos Undergoes Knee Surgery - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew - Atlanta United FC
- Kayden Pierre Teams up with Blue KC as Sporting Samaritan Ambassador - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Adds First-Round Pick Emeka Eneli to First-Team Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Sign WFC2 Midfielder Vasco Fry to MLS Short-Term Agreement - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Richy Ledezma: 10 Things to KnowÃÂ - New York City FC
- The Assist: Orlando City at Philadelphia Union - March 25, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps Preview - Minnesota United FC
- New York City Football Club Acquire Midfielder Richard Ledezma Via Intraleague Loan from Real Salt Lake - New York City FC
- Real Salt Lake Loans 2023 MLS Rights to Richard Ledezma to New York City FC - Real Salt Lake
- (Re)boot: New Brand Partnering with Professional Fútbol Clubs Sets out to Tackle Waste Crisis by Keeping Worn Sports Gear in Play - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Hosts Rivals FC Cincinnati at GEODIS Park for the First Time - Nashville SC
- Revolution Visit D.C. United on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- Charlotte FC Signs Academy Product Jack Neeley as Homegrown Player - Charlotte FC
- Revolution Sign GK Nico Campuzano to Short-Term Agreement - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati, Nashville SC Meet in Early-Season Eastern Conference Showdown - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New England Revolution M Carles Gil Voted MLS Player of the Matchday Presented by Continental Tire for Matchday 16
- New England Revolution Battle Atlanta United to 3-3 Draw
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
- Revolution Visit Atlanta United FC on Wednesday
- Revolution Rally to 3-3 Draw with Chicago Fire FC in Thriller at Gillette Stadium