Nashville SC Hosts Rivals FC Cincinnati at GEODIS Park for the First Time
March 24, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Nashville SC News Release
A longstanding rivalry makes its GEODIS Park debut on Saturday.
After a week away, the Boys in Gold return to Nashville this Saturday night in the third home match of the season vs. FC Cincinnati.
Four matches into the 2023 season, Nashville SC has racked up seven points - off to its best Major League Soccer start ever - sitting only one point behind third-place Cincinnati and still undefeated at home.
This is a matchup you won't want to miss. Tickets for Saturday's match are available here. Can't make it? Watch it free on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app.
Here's everything you need to know about Saturday's marquee matchup:
Date: Saturday, March 25
Time: 7:30 p.m. CT
Location: GEODIS Park (Nashville, Tenn.)
TV: Watch Free on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV
Radio: 104.5 The Zone
Rivalry Comes to GEODIS Park - The rivalry between Nashville SC and FC Cincinnati goes all the way back to the clubs' time in the USL Championship in 2018. It's been played in four different stadiums.
It'll become five on Saturday when FC Cincinnati visits GEODIS Park for the first time.
Head Coach Gary Smith says the rivalry has evolved over the years, but he's certain the Orange and Blue will be hungry for their first win over Nashville SC in MLS.
"They've moved in a very positive direction, and they'll be very confident," Smith said. "I think there's a large part of them that would like to put us in our place. I think you get that in any rivalry. We want to make sure we stay on top."
Keep Pushing - The Boys in Gold are off to their best start since joining MLS and have won both matches at home by 2-0 scorelines.
Last weekend on the road in New England, Nashville outpossessed the Revolution, had more shots and a higher expected goals total. Despite the loss on the road, Smith says his team played well and will look to bounce back this Saturday.
"I thought the performance there was as good as we've seen in New England," Smith said. "This week has been far different. Those guys have had a good week, I think the fact that we lost by the odd goal and the disappointment of that has resonated with the way that the players have worked this week. The challenge for us it to continue that form here."
Scouting FC Cincinnati - The visitors this Saturday are one of two remaining unbeaten clubs in the Eastern Conference, alongside Atlanta United FC. Midfielder Junior Moreno and forward Sergio Santos led the way with two goals apiece.
Nashville SC owns a 2W-0L-2D record against Cincinnati all-time in MLS. Smith says he expects a tough encounter from a club that has turned a corner after making its first-ever Audi MLS Cup Playoffs appearance last season.
"The mentality around the group, some of the recruitment in the group has improved," Smith said. "Along with that, you've got a couple of players that have started to blossom. They've got a shape, they've got a group and they've got a mentality that is far different to the first couple of years that they were in the league. They're a good side, and it will be a challenge."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 24, 2023
- LAFC Hosts FC Dallas on Saturday March 25 - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Travel to Face the Portland Timbers at Providence Park Tomorrow, Saturday, March 25 - LA Galaxy
- Rapids at Austin FC Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Faces Sporting Kansas City Saturday at Children's Mercy Park - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Signs David Ruiz on Short-Term Loan Agreement from Inter Miami CF II - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Hosts Seattle Sounders on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Houston Dynamo FC Sign Veteran Center Back Erik Sviatchenko Using Targeted Allocation Money - Houston Dynamo FC
- 2023 Real Salt Lake Campaign Continues Saturday v St. Louis City SC - Real Salt Lake
- Rapids Face off against Austin FC on the RoadÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Add Bret Halsey to First Team Roster - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC 2 Sign Mihail Gherasimencov and Antoine Coupland - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Aaron Cervantes to Short-Term Loan - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Sign Markus Cimermancic and Alonso Coello Camarero to Short-Term Agreements - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Midfielder Pedro Santos Undergoes Knee Surgery - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew - Atlanta United FC
- Kayden Pierre Teams up with Blue KC as Sporting Samaritan Ambassador - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Adds First-Round Pick Emeka Eneli to First-Team Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Sign WFC2 Midfielder Vasco Fry to MLS Short-Term Agreement - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Richy Ledezma: 10 Things to KnowÃÂ - New York City FC
- The Assist: Orlando City at Philadelphia Union - March 25, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps Preview - Minnesota United FC
- New York City Football Club Acquire Midfielder Richard Ledezma Via Intraleague Loan from Real Salt Lake - New York City FC
- Real Salt Lake Loans 2023 MLS Rights to Richard Ledezma to New York City FC - Real Salt Lake
- (Re)boot: New Brand Partnering with Professional Fútbol Clubs Sets out to Tackle Waste Crisis by Keeping Worn Sports Gear in Play - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Hosts Rivals FC Cincinnati at GEODIS Park for the First Time - Nashville SC
- Revolution Visit D.C. United on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- Charlotte FC Signs Academy Product Jack Neeley as Homegrown Player - Charlotte FC
- Revolution Sign GK Nico Campuzano to Short-Term Agreement - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati, Nashville SC Meet in Early-Season Eastern Conference Showdown - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville Soccer Club Travels to Toronto FC to Wrap up Two-Match Road Trip
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces International Callups Ahead of 2023 Concacaf Nations League Finals
- Nashville SC Update
- Hany Mukhtar Named to Team of the Matchday 17
- Nashville Soccer Club Receives International Roster Spot from Sporting Kansas City in Exchange for $270,000 in General Allocation Money