RedHawks Game Notes
Oklahoma City RedHawks (41-34) vs. Omaha Royals (40-34)
Game 76 | June 27, 2010, 4:05 pm CDT | AT&T Bricktown Ballpark | Oklahoma City, OK
1340 AM Fox Sports, RedHawks Radio Network | Play-by-Play: Jim Byers & Judson Richards
RH Guillermo Moscoso (3-2, 3.93) vs. RH Gaby Hernandez (5-4, 5.71)
TODAY: The Oklahoma City RedHawks host the Omaha Royals in the second of a 4-game series and homestand at The Brick. OKC won the opener last night 8-2 to end a 3-game losing streak. The RedHawks lead the season series 6-3. OKC is atop the American South Division by 3.5 games over Albuquerque. Omaha is tied for the lead with Iowa and Memphis in the American North, a half-game up on Nashville. Guillermo Moscoso is slated to start for the RedHawks. The righthander has no decisions and a 1.80 ERA in 2 starts this year against Omaha. Gaby Hernandez gets the call for Omaha. Hernandez is 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA in 2 starts against the RedHawks.
SIX STRAIGHT AT HOME: The RedHawks' 8-2 win last night boosted their home winning streak to 6 games, which matches their longest home winning streak this season. Esteban German sat out last night, but brings a 7-game hitting streak into today's action, during which he's 9-for-26 (.346) with a homer and 3 RBIs. Lefty reliever Clay Rapada has tossed 11.2 consecutive scoreless innings. Rapada has allowed just 3 hits during the streak. His opponents' batting average of .169 is the second-lowest among PCL relievers behind Portland's Ernesto Frieri (109).
CROSSING THE PLATE: OKC saw its scoreless inning streak (offensively) reach slightly more than 28 innings over parts of 4 games until a 3-run fourth last night. In the New Orleans series that ended Friday, all 14 of the RedHawks' runs in New Orleans came in 3 innings. The RedHawks were shut out in 33 of 36 innings against the Zephyrs while dropping 3 out of 4 games.
HOME RUN NOTES: Gregorio Petit hit a 2-run homer last night, his sixth of the season and fourth this month, all of them in the last 7 games. Petit's career high is 9 homers, set with Class A Kane County in 2005. The RedHawks are 30-15 when homering at least once in a game and 11-19 with held without one. Petit has 20 RBIs in June, part of a large group of players tied for the fifth-highest RBI total in the league this month. He has 38 RBIs overall this season.
MORELAND PRODUCES: Right fielder Mitch Moreland not only shares the league lead (with Fresno's Ben Copeland) in outfield assists with 10, but he's also tied with Chris Davis for the club lead with 44 RBIs. Moreland has 21 RBIs in June, tied for third in the PCL with John Bowker of Fresno. Memphis' Allen Craig (26) and Fresno's Brett Pill (24) are the leaders.
PLAYER OF THE MONTH UPDATE: Chris Davis is tied for second among all full-season, affiliated minor leaguers in hitting during June with a .422 average. Davis has hit safely in 22 of 25 games this month, adding 4 homers and 16 RBIs. He's tied for the minor league lead in hits this month with 38 (Brett Lawrie, Huntsville). Overall, Davis is second in the PCL behind former Fresno Grizzlie Buster Posey with a .347 average. Albuquerque's John Lindsey, batting .405, has not played since June 6 because of a calf muscle injury and is currently not a qualifier for the batting title based on plate appearances per team game played.
ERA NO. 1: The RedHawks lead the PCL in team ERA at 3.56. Fresno is next at 3.79. OKC has allowed the fewest home runs in the league (39), 12 fewer than the closest team, Fresno. The RedHawks are second in strikeouts (560) behind Sacramento (570).
BIG INNING-ITIS: OKC has allowed only three single-digit innings in the past 2 games, but on the just-concluded trip the RedHawks allowed a 3-run inning or better 8 times, accounting for 26 of the 45 runs surrendered. Six of the innings were 3-run innings and the other two were 4-run frames.
SCHEPPERS TO THE FUTURE: RedHawks righthander Tanner Scheppers has been named to the U.S. roster for the 12th annual XM All-Star Futures Game, to be played in Anaheim July 11. Scheppers, who began the year in the Double-A Frisco bullpen, served a stint in OKC's bullpen and is now being stretched out as a starter, is Texas' only representative in the game.
Date Opponent Oklahoma City Pitcher Opposing Pitcher Radio
Monday June 28 Omaha RH Tanner Scheppers 1-0, 3.23 RH Phillip Humber 4-4, 4.63 KTOK AM 1000
Tuesday June 29 Omaha RH Omar Beltre 0-5, 2.39 RH Manauris Baez 0-0, 6.52 KTOK AM 1000
Wednesday Off Day
Thursday July 1 @ Abq KTOK AM 1000
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 27, 2010
- Round Rock Express Split at Nashville - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Beats Round Rock on Sunday Night, 8-5 - Nashville Sounds
- Z's Fall to I-Cubs 9-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Express Defeat Sounds in Suspended Game Completion - Nashville Sounds
- Aces 9th Inning Rally Falls Short in 8-7 Loss - Reno Aces
- Sacramento Tops Tacoma for Fourth Consecutive Win - Sacramento River Cats
- De La Rosa Hurts Beavers with Arm, Bat in 5-2 Win - Portland Beavers
- De La Rosa, Sox Staff Spectacular in Second Rehab Start, Win 5-2 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Rummel, UNO Star Diamond to Pitch Tuesday Vs. Zephyrs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees to Observe Moment of Silence Prior to Today's Game - Salt Lake Bees
- Memphis holds off 'Topes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sacramento tops Tacoma, climbs above .500 - Sacramento River Cats
- Beavers win series opener as teams combine for 36 hits - Portland Beavers
- Long Night for Sky Sox, Lose to Portland, 12-7 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Sixth Annual Fan Fest March 28