Reading Royals Proudly Announce 20 Recipient Businesses of Its Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Plan
In early January 2021, the Reading Royals, proud ECHL affiliate for the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers and AHL's Lehigh Valley Phantoms announced its Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Campaign. In partnership with its four sponsors - Visions Federal Credit Union, Comcast Business, E.T. Electric and ServPro of Reading - the Royals vowed to contribute $20,000 to the small business community of Berks County.
Over several weeks in January, the Royals accepted nominations of local small businesses from the community. Over 300 nominations were submitted, highlighting businesses in various locations and industries within Berks County. Careful consideration was given to all nominations, giving priority to those businesses with the most nominations and then to those that described a business that, despite the hardships of 2020, had stepped up to support its employees and community.
"Reviewing the nominations was truly heartwarming!" says Tammy Dahms, Director of Corporate Sales & Sponsorship for the team. "We learned of so many local businesses who put their employees and community first - businesses that coordinated toy drives, raised funds for out-of-work servers and bartenders; companies that first opened their doors only days before the shutdown and businesses that had been on the brink of shutdown if it weren't for their faithful customers and clients. It has been humbling to support these businesses in this way."
From those nominations, twenty area businesses were selected to receive $1,000 towards the purchase of gift certificates to be used during the 2021-2022 Royals season. Additionally, the twenty recipient businesses, as well as the four sponsor businesses, will be invited to meet and congratulate one another at a game during the upcoming 20th Anniversary Season.
The following businesses were selected:
Beer Wall on Penn
Bell Tower Salon & Spa
Benchwarmers Coffee & Doughnuts
CJ Hummel's Restaurant, Bar & Gathering Place
Franklyn's Breakfast, Burgers and Shakes
Kangen Reading Water Store
Leesport Pet Resort LLC
Mayfield on Noble
Mike and Joe's Barber Shop
Mount Penn Sports Cards
Reading Distilling Guild
Skin Sanctuary Spa
Sly Fox Taphouse at the Knitting Mills Wyomissing
Sweet Ride Ice Cream
Tavern on Penn
Thanx Hair Artistry
The Brick House Pub
Wyomissing Restaurant and Bakery
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 9, 2021
- Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - February 9 - ECHL
- Fournier Selected as ECHL Player of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Fournier Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Game Day Preview: Americans Host Utah - Allen Americans
- Thunder Weekly, February 9 - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Preview: February 9, 2021 Utah at Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Greenville's Bednard Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Bednard Earns Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week for a Third Time - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Reading Royals Proudly Announce 20 Recipient Businesses of Its Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Plan - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Reading Royals Announce First-Ever Virtual Pink in the Rink Game Presented by Met-Ed
- Reading Royals Proudly Announce 20 Recipient Businesses of Its Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Plan
- Reading Royals Announce Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Campaign
- Reading Royals Introduce FanSaves App to Connect Their Fans and Sponsors
- Reading Royals and Met-Ed Announce Joint Volunteer & Community Engagement Initiatives for 2020-2021