Rattlers Place Sherdrick Bonner on IR
Phoenix, AZ - The Arizona Rattlers have placed quarterback Sherdrick Bonner on Injured Reserve, the team announced today. Bonner sustained an injury late in the Rattlers season opening win over Grand Rapids.
Joe Germaine will make his first career start in the AFL Thursday night against the Predators in the 2005 Home Opener. Germaine appeared in four games last season, as well as the fourth quarter of last weeks win over Grand Rapids. The Rattlers have signed Chris Hixson to serve as Germaines back up. Hixson was a Rattler in 2002 and 2003, and spent last season with the Georgia Force.
The 14th season of Rattlers football at America West Arena kicks off on Thursday night, February 3rd as Arizona welcomes the Orlando Predators for the 2005 Home Opener. Kickoff for the game is slated for 7:00 PM. For season ticket information, call 602-514-TDTD, or log on to www.AZRattlers.com .
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from February 1, 2005
- Sean Scott named AFL Ironman of the Week - Philadelphia Soul
- Stafford named AFL Offensive Player of the Week - Tampa Bay Storm
- Damon Mason named ADT Defensive Player of the Week - Orlando Predators
- Rattlers Place Sherdrick Bonner on IR - Arizona Rattlers
- NBC Presents Live Football/Poker vs. Super Bowl Pre-Game - AFL I
- A sellout, for openers - New York Dragons
- Las Vegas Gladiators game notes - Las Vegas Gladiators
- Kats Waive Buich, Activate Zimmerman - Nashville Kats
- Georgia Force game notes - Georgia Force
- New Orleans VooDoo game notes - New Orleans VooDoo
- Dallas Desperados game notes - Dallas Desperados
- Philadelphia's Sean Scott, Tampa Bay's Shane Stafford and Orlando's Damon Mason earn week one honors - AFL I
- Arizona Rattlers game notes - Arizona Rattlers
- Crush home opener moved from 1PM to noon kickoff - Colorado Crush
- Fan of the Year presented by Spalding begins today - AFL I
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.