Raptors 905 Acquire Forward Henry Ellenson
Raptors 905 have acquired forward Henry Ellenson from the Long Island Nets in exchange for forward Justin Anderson. The trade is pending successful completion of physicals.
Ellenson, 6-foot-10, 240 pounds, signed a two-way contract with the Brooklyn Nets on July 17, 2019 and played in five games with the club. He was waived by the Nets on Jan. 3, 2020. The Rice Lake, Wisconsin native has played 81 career NBA games with Detroit, New York and Brooklyn, averaging 4.0 points and 2.4 rebounds in 9.2 minutes. He has also appeared in 41 NBA G League games, owning career averages of 19.3 points, 9.8 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 34.0 minutes. Ellenson was selected 18th overall by the Detroit Pistons in the 2016 NBA Draft.
Anderson, 6-foot-5, 231 pounds, has played in 15 games with Raptors 905 this season averaging 20.7 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.2 steals in 33.6 minutes. He signed a 10-day contract with Brooklyn on Jan. 6 and appeared in three games with the Nets this season.
Raptors 905 return to action Wednesday night when they host the Greensboro Swarm at Paramount Fine Foods Centre, tip-off scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2020
- Allen, Moore Combine for 53 Points; Not Enough at Capital City - Westchester Knicks
- Mfiondu Kabengele Named G League Player of the Week - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Go-Go Acquire London Perrantes - Capital City Go-Go
- Charge Acquire Rights to Gabe York - Canton Charge
- Blue Coats Acquire Justin Robinson - Delaware Blue Coats
- All Three Phoenix Suns Players Shine in NAZ Suns' Loss to Vipers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Outshine Suns in Road Trip Win - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Raptors 905 Acquire Forward Henry Ellenson - Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets Acquire Justin Anderson in Trade with Raptors 905 - Long Island Nets
- Jalen Lecque Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.