Charge Acquire Rights to Gabe York
CANTON, OH -The Canton Charge, powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, announced today that the team has acquired the returning player rights to guard Gabe York from the Capital City Go-Go in exchange for the rights to guard London Perrantes.
Prior to a short stint with the French professional team, SIG Strasbourg, York (6-3, 185, Arizona) spent the 2018-19 season with the Lakeland Magic. York appeared in 41 games, averaging 16.4 points on a .421 shooting percentage with 3.1 assists and 1.0 steals in 29.2 minutes per game. Undrafted in 2016, York spent his rookie season with the Erie BayHawks where the guard averaged 15.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 3.7 assists in 32.6 minutes per game.
Perrantes (6-2, 200, Virginia) most recently has played for Bahcesehir Koleji in Turkey, where he averaged 6.2 points, 1.7 rebounds, and 2.7 assists in 23.3 minutes per game. Perrantes, one of the Charge's first Two-Way Players, appeared in 14 games for the Cavaliers during the 2017-18 season. With the Charge, he played in 35 games and averaged 11.8 points, 7.8 assists, and 1.2 steals in 36.5 minutes per game.
Canton begins a four-game homestand with a Ohio Lottery WINSday on Janurary 22nd at 7:00 p.m. against the Lakeland Magic! There is no better time than now to join Charge Nation! Become a 2020-21 Charge Nation member and attend the rest of this season for FREE! You'll also receive complimentary Cavs and Monsters tickets plus tons more added value! For more info, find us at a game, visit www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in downtown Cleveland.
Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team at: @CantonCharge on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CantonCharge and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CantonCharge. Fans can download the new Canton Charge App on their smartphone via the iTunes Store or Google Play Store.
Images from this story
Guard Gabe York with the Lakeland Magic
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2020
- Allen, Moore Combine for 53 Points; Not Enough at Capital City - Westchester Knicks
- Mfiondu Kabengele Named G League Player of the Week - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Go-Go Acquire London Perrantes - Capital City Go-Go
- Charge Acquire Rights to Gabe York - Canton Charge
- Blue Coats Acquire Justin Robinson - Delaware Blue Coats
- All Three Phoenix Suns Players Shine in NAZ Suns' Loss to Vipers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Outshine Suns in Road Trip Win - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Raptors 905 Acquire Forward Henry Ellenson - Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets Acquire Justin Anderson in Trade with Raptors 905 - Long Island Nets
- Jalen Lecque Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.