Rapids Trade Defender Hunter Freeman to Red Bull New York
Commerce City, Colorado (Friday, March 23, 2007) - The Colorado Rapids today traded defender Hunter Freeman to Red Bull New York for two draft picks over the next two years.
Colorado received the Red Bulls' natural third round draft pick in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft and a fourth round draft pick in the 2009 Supplemental Draft.
Freeman played in 47 games over two seasons for the Rapids and contributed an assist in each season. The University of Virginia product played a total of 3,348 minutes for Colorado.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 23, 2007
- Galaxy Acquire Defender Shavar Thomas From Kansas City - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Toronto FC Unveils Jersey Sponsor - Toronto FC
- D.C. United and Comcast SportsNet Present 'Lunch with D.C. United' - D.C. United
- Galaxy Waives Midfielder Josh Gardner - Los Angeles Galaxy
- D.C. United kicks off 2007 Premier Tournament Series - D.C. United
- Milestone Deal Puts Herbalife Name on Galaxy Jerseys as Presenting Sponsor - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Rapids Trade Defender Hunter Freeman to Red Bull New York - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Colorado Rapids Signs Matt Hundley and Sam Raben as Homegrown Players
- Colorado Rapids Trade Marlon Hairston to Houston Dynamo for $175,000 in GAM
- Colorado Rapids Sign U.S. International Benny Feilhaber
- Colorado Rapids Announce 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Keegan Rosenberry from Philadelphia Union