D.C. United and Comcast SportsNet Present 'Lunch with D.C. United'
Washington, D.C. (March 23, 2007) - D.C. United, along with broadcast partner Comcast SportsNet, announced today details for Lunch with D.C. United, a two-hour program set to air on Saturdays at 11 a.m. for the next six weekends. The program will premier on March 24 and highlight six memorable games from D.C. United's 2006 season. It will run every Saturday until April 28, when the show will help fans re-live United's historic 1-1 draw with Real Madrid as a warm-up to that night's broadcast featuring D.C. against the Columbus Crew, the first match of the year on the regional sports network. Dave Johnson, the Voice of D.C. United, will host the program and provide his thoughts and memories of the matches throughout.
Lunch with D.C. United is just one part of the exciting new relationship between D.C. United and Comcast SportsNet for the 2007 season that will give fans the best-ever coverage of the Black-and-Red. Comcast will broadcast 18 United games this year, complimenting national broadcast partners to provide live coverage of all 30 regular season matches, a first for the team. Additionally, all D.C. United games on Comcast will feature pre- and post-game analysis and home games will be produced in high definition. Another exciting element of United on Comcast this year is the debut of D.C. United: Director's Cut, a prime-time weekly recap of the previous week's game hosted by United midfielder Ben Olsen. The program will provide unique insight into the game from the players that were a part of the action.
Comcast SportsNet, a division of Comcast Corporation, is a service of Philadelphia-based Comcast Regional Sports Television serving more than 4.7 million homes in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Washington D.C., via more than 200 cable systems in the Mid-Atlantic region and major satellite services. The network is home to coverage of the Washington Wizards, D.C. United, the Washington Capitals and the ACC, as well as additional original programming featuring the region's professional, minor league, and collegiate teams.
Lunch with D.C. United Broadcast Schedule:
March 24: United v. New England Revolution (June 3, 2006)
March 31: United v. Columbus Crew (July 15, 2006)
April 7: United v. Celtic FC (July 12, 2006)
April 14: United v. Chivas USA (September 3, 2006)
April 21: United v. New York Red Bulls (September 23, 2006)
April 28: United v. Real Madrid (August 9, 2006)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 23, 2007
- Galaxy Acquire Defender Shavar Thomas From Kansas City - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Unveils Jersey Sponsor - Toronto FC
- D.C. United and Comcast SportsNet Present 'Lunch with D.C. United' - D.C. United
- Galaxy Waives Midfielder Josh Gardner - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United kicks off 2007 Premier Tournament Series - D.C. United
- Milestone Deal Puts Herbalife Name on Galaxy Jerseys as Presenting Sponsor - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Trade Defender Hunter Freeman to Red Bull New York - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Beat Real Salt Lake 5-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies
- D.C. United Beat Atlanta 2-0 in MLS Opener at Audi Field
- D.C. United Announce Fuku as a New Concession Option at Audi Field