Galaxy Waives Midfielder Josh Gardner
CARSON, Calif. (Friday, March 23, 2007) - The Los Angeles Galaxy have waived midfielder Josh Gardner, the club announced today. The Houston native spent three years with the Galaxy after being drafted by the club in the second round of the 2004 MLS SuperDraft.
A former star at the University of Cincinnati, Gardner played in 18 games in 2006, making 12 starts. He scored his first career MLS goal on July 8 in a 2-0 win over Real Salt Lake and finished the season with a goal and three assists. Gardner also tallied a goal and an assist in the Galaxy's loss to Deportivo Saprissa in the second leg of the two sides' CONCACAF Champions Cup quarterfinal.
During his three years with the L.A., the 24-year old Gardner played 1,096 minutes in 21 games and was a member of the Galaxy team that won both the MLS Cup and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in 2005.
For more information on purchasing Los Angeles Galaxy tickets, please call toll-free 1-877-3GALAXY or visit www.lagalaxy.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 23, 2007
- Galaxy Acquire Defender Shavar Thomas From Kansas City - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Toronto FC Unveils Jersey Sponsor - Toronto FC
- D.C. United and Comcast SportsNet Present 'Lunch with D.C. United' - D.C. United
- Galaxy Waives Midfielder Josh Gardner - Los Angeles Galaxy
- D.C. United kicks off 2007 Premier Tournament Series - D.C. United
- Milestone Deal Puts Herbalife Name on Galaxy Jerseys as Presenting Sponsor - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Rapids Trade Defender Hunter Freeman to Red Bull New York - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Exercise 2019 Contract Options on Four Players
- LA Galaxy to Host Inaugural 2019 eMLS League Series One in January
- Applications to Join LA Galaxy Star Squad for 2019 Season Are Now Open
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Wins 2018 AT&T Goal of the Year
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Named MLS Newcomer of the Year