Toronto FC Unveils Jersey Sponsor
On this beautiful spring day at the corner of King and Bay in downtown Toronto, BMO Bank of Montreal and Toronto FC further solidified their relationship with the announcement of BMO as the new official jersey sponsor of Toronto FC. The BMO logo will now be on all official Toronto FC home and away game jerseys.
The unveiling was another memorable event in the short history of Toronto FC, and even included an appearance from our #1 MLS SuperDraft pick, Maurice Edu. This announcement speaks volumes about BMO's commitment to the game of soccer in Canada and is great news for Toronto FC who will take to the field in Los Angeles against Chivas USA in just 15 days (how crazy is that?).
Jerseys will be available to purchase at BMO Field for Toronto FC's inaugural home game on April 28th. Here's a quick breakdown- authentic and replica jerseys* will be available. Only a limited number of authentic jerseys featuring the BMO sponsor logo will be available.
Selected product will also be available during regular business hours at CentreSports at Air Canada Centre on non-game days. Initial product lines have arrived in-store including training t-shirts, long sleeve T's, stadium jackets and warm-up suits with more to come as the season approaches.
IN OTHER NEWS
If you happen to be in Charleston, South Carolina this weekend, be sure to catch Toronto FC's first game against MLS competition tomorrow, when they take on reigning MLS Champion Houston Dynamo. Toronto also plays on Wednesday against the New York Red Bulls, and will finish the tournament against the Charleston Battery. Updates will be available on www.torontofc.ca.
And....the "field" part of BMO Field will begin to be installed anytime if the weather stays on our side! It's really happening.
Days to first-ever game - 15
Days to Inaugural Home Opener - 36
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 23, 2007
- Galaxy Acquire Defender Shavar Thomas From Kansas City - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Unveils Jersey Sponsor - Toronto FC
- D.C. United and Comcast SportsNet Present 'Lunch with D.C. United' - D.C. United
- Galaxy Waives Midfielder Josh Gardner - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United kicks off 2007 Premier Tournament Series - D.C. United
- Milestone Deal Puts Herbalife Name on Galaxy Jerseys as Presenting Sponsor - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Trade Defender Hunter Freeman to Red Bull New York - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.