Rampage Acquire F Tim Miller from Springfield for D Denny Urban
SAN ANTONIO (Feb. 20, 2014) - San Antonio Rampage General Manager Mike Santos announced today that the American Hockey League (AHL) club has acquired forward Tim Miller from the Springfield Falcons in exchange for defenseman Denny Urban. Miller will be joining the Rampage for their games this weekend.
Miller, 26, started the season with the Chicago Wolves, going pointless through four games before being traded to Springfield on Nov. 5. Assigned to Evansville of the ECHL, the 6-foot-1, 190-pound forward played in three games with the Icemen before heading back up to Springfield. With the Falcons, he added nine assists and 10 points through 21 games.
A native of Davisburg, Mich., Miller played college hockey for the University of Michigan, recording 25 goals and 77 points through 166 career games with the Wolverines (2005-09). He made his professional debut with the Syracuse Crunch during the 2008-09 season, and to date has 35 goals and 77 points in 211 career AHL games between Syracuse, Chicago, and Springfield.
Urban, 25, has eight assists through 30 games this season with San Antonio. The 5-foot-10, 170-pound blueliner spent four years with Robert Morris University (2007-11), and ranks as the all-time defensemen points leader with 112 points in 136 career games with RMU. His 28 goals ranks first all-time for RMU defensemen.
The Pittsburgh native turned pro in the 2010-11 season, playing three seasons (2010-13) with Reading of the ECHL, recording 28 goals and 82 points in 117 career ECHL games. He has four goals and 13 assists through 36 AHL games between Worcester and San Antonio.
The Rampage kick off a three-in-three tomorrow night (Friday) when they match up with the Rochester Americans inside Blue Cross Arena for a 6:05 p.m. puck drop. They travel north of the border on Saturday to face the Toronto Marlies, and then finish up the weekend with an afternoon contest against the Hamilton Bulldogs.
Individual and season tickets can be purchased at the AT&T Center Southeast Box Office, by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554, or online at sarampage.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2014
- Flames Recall Forward Ben Hanowski from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Stars Weekly (Week 21) - Texas Hosts Charlotte for Pink in the Rink - Texas Stars
- Weekend Preview: Games 53, 54, 55 vs. Milwaukee Admirals & Chicago - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Sign Goaltender Aaron Dell - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Return Four to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beach Visits Park Forest and Midlothian Libraries on February 27 - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins and Blashill to Raise Awareness for Duchenne Muscular - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Reassigns Defenseman Charles Landry to Syracuse Crunch from Florida Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- The Distillery to Hold Ghost Wing-Eating Contest at Friday's Amerks Game, Postgame Party on Saturday - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Acquire Dennis Urban from Rampage, Load Aleardi to Evansville - Springfield Falcons
- Comets in the Community - Utica Comets
- Electricity Maine Winter Hat Giveaway this Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Corks, Pucks and Brews Fundraiser Returns - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Islanders, Sound Tigers Announce Moves - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage Acquire F Tim Miller from Springfield for D Denny Urban - San Antonio Rampage
- Coyotes Recall Summers from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Texas Stars Return Ryan Button on Loan to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Amerks Assign Jerome Gauthier-Leduc to Gwinnett - Rochester Americans
- Star Wars Night Set for Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Florida Panthers Recall D Dylan Olsen - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Weekly - Olympic Style Jerseys - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.