Rainiers Win Fifth Straight over Beavers
PORTLAND, Ore. - Chris Seddon pitched five innings of scoreless relief and Chris Woodward drove in two as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Portland Beavers 4-2 Sunday afternoon at PGE Park.
Matt Mangini tallied two hits and one RBI for the Rainiers (36-32) as Tacoma won its fifth straight game against the Beavers (25-44).
Sean Kazmar finished with two hits and one run scored while Chris Stewart drove in the Beavers' only two runs as Portland outhit the Rainiers 8-7.
Seddon (8-3), who entered the game in the fifth inning, notched his eighth win of the season for the first-place Rainiers.
Cesar Carrillo (4-5) pitched a season-high eight innings for the Beavers, giving up four runs on seven hits while striking out eight.
Stewart hit a two-out, two-run double down the third-base line to give the Beavers a 2-0 lead in the fourth inning.
The Beavers' lead was short-lived as Woodward evened the game at 2-2 in the top of the fifth inning with a two-out single to left, driving in Mangini and Greg Halman.
Tacoma pulled ahead 4-2 in the sixth inning with RBIs by Mangini and Halman.
Doug Fister gave up two runs on four hits in a rehab start for the Rainiers.
The Beavers and Rainiers meet again Monday at 7:05 p.m. (Pacific) in the finale of their four-game series at PGE Park.
NOTES: Mitch Canham recorded his first hit as a Beaver, hitting a single off of the right field wall.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 20, 2010
- Round Rock Express Homer Barrage Downs Omaha 8-3 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Win Fifth Straight over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Astros Call Up Bourgeois, Castro, Johnson - Round Rock Express
- Fowler's Cycle Propels Sox to Father's Day Victory, 13-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sounds Win Streak Snapped with 5-4 Loss to RedHawks - Nashville Sounds
- Luna Leads Zephyrs to Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Zephyrs Hold Off Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
- Cubs Blanked by Isotopes, 4-0 - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sox Drop Second Straight at Home to Vegas, 7-2 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Iowa Takes 14-Inning Marathon - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Win Fourth Game in a Row - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Beat Beavers 7-4 Behind 15-Hit Attack - Portland Beavers
- Grizzlies Hold Reno Scoreless, 4-0 - Reno Aces
- Omaha Topples Round Rock 10-4 - Round Rock Express
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss