Rainiers Bounced By Bees, 10-4
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The Tacoma Rainiers (56-60) took their third straight loss on Friday night, dropping a 10-4 decision to the Salt Lake Bees (63-54) at Smith's Ballpark.
Designated hitter Daniel Vogelbach collected the Rainiers only multi-hit performance, going 2-for-3 with a pair of singles and two RBI. Left fielder Ben Gamel (1x3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, 2 BB), shortstop Gordon Beckham (1x4, R, 2B, BB), and third baseman Seth Mejias-Brean (1x4, R, 2B) also collected hits.
Tacoma starter Christian Bergman (7-9) took the loss while allowing five runs on seven hits across 4.2 innings of work. He issued two walks, struck out three, and surrendered one home run on 95 pitches (57 strikes).
Ryan Cook (1.0 IP) and Shawn Armstrong (1.0 IP) both tossed scoreless frames at the end of the night - Armstrong tallied a pair of strikeouts in the bottom of the eighth inning. Ryan Garton (0.2 IP) and Marc Rzepczynski (0.2 IP) combined to allow five runs on five hits with four walks out of the bullpen.
Rainiers left-hander Ross Detwiler (2-5, 5.31) and Bees righty Griffin Canning (1-3, 6.56) continue the series on Saturday night at 5:35 p.m. PT.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2018 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 10, 2018
- Blash, Walsh Lead Bees over Rainiers - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Bounced By Bees, 10-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- I-Cubs Bake the 'Cakes, 4-2 - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Turn Slow Start into 8-4 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Bassitt's Arm, Barret's Bat Lead Sounds to 11th Straight Win - Nashville Sounds
- Brooks Quality Start Can't Break Sounds Rhythm - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sloppy Inning Snaps Baby Cakes' Win Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Hernandez Keys Chasers 3rd Straight Shutout in 2-0 Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Narrowly Bested by Omaha, 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-53) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes at Las Vegas - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 10, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (August 13-19) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (72-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-52) -- - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Begin Seven-Game Homestand Monday - Nashville Sounds
- Vargas Extends Franchise Record with 33-Game Hit Streak - Reno Aces
- Tanielu and Tucker power Grizzlies past Isotopes 3-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Pair of solo homers back Stratton's gem - Sacramento River Cats
- Sacramento Out-Homers El Paso - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Express Struggles Continue After 9-0 Loss to Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Winning Streak Runs to 10 Games as Sounds Rout Sky Sox - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Daren Brown Returns to Lead Rainiers Field Staff in 2019
- Ashley Schutt Named Pacific Coast League Woman Executive of the Year
- 2018 Tacoma Rainiers Season Review
- Tacoma Rainiers and Seattle Mariners Announce Four-Year Extension of Player Development Contract
- Rainiers Wrap Season With 5-4 Victory Over Chihuahuas