Preview: Games 20 & 21 vs. Milwaukee Admirals and Rockford IceHogs
Tuesday, November 19th- 5:00 PDT- BMO Harris Bradley Center
Wednesday, November 20th- 5:00 PDT- BMO Harris Bank Center
Radio: CIVL RADIO 101.7FM
*Pre-Game Show begins 15 minutes prior puck-drop
Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat's franchise high nine game regular season winning streak came to an end on Saturday night in Oklahoma City. It was the first loss the Heat suffered since October 26th and just their third loss by more than one goal all season. Below are some of the numbers that stand out over the Heat's fantastic win streak:
39-25 The Heat outscored their opponents
14-5 The Heat outscored their opponents in the third period
5 Games were won in the third period
7 Games were one goal victories
12/39 The Heat success on the power play
2 Hat-tricks were recorded (Blair Jones & Ben Street)
7-0 Joni Ortio's record in between the pipes
0 Losses on home ice (4 games)
5 Straight wins on the road
HEAT @ ADMIRALS
Tuesday night will be the third of four meetings this season. The Admirals opened up the Heat's home schedule with a doubleheader back on October 11th and 12th at the AESC and both games needed overtime. The Heat won 3-2 in overtime in the first game, but the Admirals won 2-1 in a shootout a night later.
Milwaukee is off to a great start to the season as they hold down the fifth spot in the Western Conference, with an 8-3-2-1 record and are 6-3-0-1 in their last 10 games. Most recently they are coming off of a 1-0 win on Saturday against Iowa with Scott Darling earning the shutout.
The Admirals are a defense first type of team and have given up the fewest goals in the Western Conference at 37. Offensively, they are led in points by rookie forward Colton Sissons who has seven goals and six assists. Sissons scored the game winning goal against Iowa on Saturday for the Admirals in the first period.
HEAT @ ICEHOGS
Wednesday night will be the first meeting of the season between the Heat and IceHogs. Rockford currently occupies the seventh spot in the Western Conference with a record of 9-8-1-0 and are coming off a 4-2 win on Saturday against San Antonio. Consistency has been an issue for the 'Hogs of late as they have two wins in their last five games and four out of their last 10.
Defenseman Adam Clendening has been to the go to guy offensively as he leads the team in points with three goals and 13 assists. Up front, winger Jeremy Morin is tied for the team lead in goals with six and notched three points for the IceHogs last week after returning to Rockford on a two-week stint with the Chicago Blackhawks.
2013-2014 Heat vs. Admirals season series:
10/11/13- ABB 3 MIL 2 @ Abbotsford Sports & Entertainment Centre OT
10/12/13- MIL 2 ABB 1 @ Abbotsford Sports & Entertainment Centre S/O
Heat vs. Admirals individual scoring leaders in season series:
ABB: F- Knight (0-2-2), F- Jooris (0-2-2), F- Hanowski (1-0-1), F- Elson (1-0-1) F- Nemisz (1-0-1)
MIL: F- Sissons (1-1-2), F- Beck (1-1-2), F- Cehlin (1-0-1)
2012-13 Heat vs. IceHogs season series:
12/22/12- RFD 3 ABB 2 @ BMO Harris Bank Center
02/16/13- RFD 7 ABB 2 @ BMO Harris Bank Center
03/22/13- RFD 5 ABB 2 @ Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre
03/23/13- ABB 4 RFD 3 @ Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre OT
2012-2013 Heat vs. IceHogs individual scoring leaders in season series (returning players):
ABB: F- Street (0-2-2), D- MacKenzie (0-2-2), F- Bancks (1-0-1), F- Nemisz (1-0-1)
RFD: F- Morin (0-4-4), F- Mills (1-1-2), D- Clendening (1-1-2), F- T.Broadhurst (0-2-2)
NEWS & NOTES
The remaining four games on the Heat's current seven game road trip are all against teams in the Midwest Division.
Brandon Astle will bring all live Heat action this week on 101.7 CIVL FM and on www.teamradio.ca. The pre-game show begins 15 minutes before puck drop.
Following this seven game road trip, the Heat will return home to play the Utica Comets (AHL affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks) on Friday, November 29th and Saturday, November 30th. Friday, November 29th will feature the third Legends of Hockey night of the season, with Canucks legend Kirk McLean appearing for autographs prior to the game on the AESC concourse at 6:00pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 18, 2013
- Sharks Hit Groove North of the Border - Worcester Sharks
- Monarchs Sign Gale - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Preview: Games 20 & 21 vs. Milwaukee Admirals and Rockford IceHogs - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Reassigns Rakell to Norfolk; Admirals Reassign Ezekiel to Utah - Norfolk Admirals
- Weekly: 'Dogs Set to Host Crunch at Bell Centre Amid Busy Three-Game Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Recall Forward Wade Megan from Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Recall Four from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Sends Center Travis Morin Back to Texas Stars; Recalls Aaron Rome - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs Recall Macaulay from Nailers - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Tip-A-Griffin Update - Power Outage at Caledonia Uccello's - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rockford Keeps Pace in Competitive Midwest Division - Rockford IceHogs
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Rangers Assign Forward Brandon Mashinter to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- IceHogs Get Two from Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Goaltender Darcy Kuemper - Iowa Wild
- Albany's Keith Kinkaid Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Crunch Will Host Hillside Family of Agencies Special Santas Gift Drive on November 23 - Syracuse Crunch
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Stars Host 5th Annual Teddy Bear Toss Saturday - Texas Stars
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekend Promos: Diamonds and Jerseys - Adirondack Phantoms
- Parker Milner Recalled from Stockton (ECHL) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.