Preview: Firebirds & Mississauga Duel on Harry Potter Night
Flint, Mich. - The Firebirds will play their third game this week when the club faces-off against the Mississauga Steelheads Saturday for the inaugural Harry Potter Night in conjunction with Teacher Appreciation night featuring complimentary tickets for all administers, teachers and staff courtesy of the Flint Firebirds Foundation. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. (ET) at the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center.
Last night, the Firebirds defeated the OHL's second-place Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds on home ice 4-2. Jake Durham picked up his third consecutive three-point game, scoring twice and earning an assist. The Steelheads fell 5-1 to the Spirit in Saginaw.
Saturday marks the first of two meetings between Flint and Mississauga this season, and the only battle in Flint. Last season, the Firebirds won the only meeting at the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center by a score of 5-3. Fedor Gordeev (Toronto Maple Leafs) captured 'First Star' honors and Jake Durham earned three assists, earning 'Third Star' of the game. Hunter Holmes and Ty Dellandrea (Dallas Stars) each lit-the-lamp in the victory. In the only meeting in Mississauga last year, the Steelheads' netminder Emanuel Vella was named 'First Star' after stopping all 29 shots faced for a 4-0 shutout victory. Flint acquired Vella from the Steelheads prior to the start of the current season.
All-time, the Firebirds are an even 3-3-0-0 against the 'Fish'. At the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center, Flint holds a 2-1-0-0 edge in the series. The Firebirds enter Saturday's contest having won the last two games.
Complimentary tickets will be offered for all administers, teachers and staff courtesy of the Flint Firebirds Foundation. The first 500 fans in attendance will receive complimentary wizard glasses sponsored by Dr. Peter Vergos and Center Road Vision Care. Join the Firebirds as we transform the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center into Hogwarts! Dress as your favorite character, catch the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 ¾ and be transported into a night of magical entertainment. Fans can attend Hogwarts classes and visit vendors in Diagon Alley during the game on the concourse and meet-and-greet with your favorite characters from the beloved series. There will be non-alcoholic and alcoholic Butterbeer and fans also have the opportunity to participate in Quidditch Broomball during the Firebirds first intermission.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2018
- Battalion Downs IceDogs - North Bay Battalion
- Sting Dropped in Shootout - Sarnia Sting
- Both Bonello and Robertson Have Big Games in 5-1 Win - Kingston Frontenacs
- Lyszczarczyk Scores Two in 5-4 Win over Firebirds - Mississauga Steelheads
- 67's Double up Colts 4-2 on Saturday Night - Barrie Colts
- Petes Can't Stall Bulldogs' Comeback - Peterborough Petes
- Spirit Quick-Strike Offense Leads to 5-3 Win over Greyhounds - Saginaw Spirit
- 67's Get Back on the (Winning) Horse with 4-2 Victory over Colts - Ottawa 67's
- Otters Can't Stay Afloat, Attack Win 4-0 - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters Fall 4-0 in First of Back-To-Back in Owen Sound - Erie Otters
- IceDogs Fall to Battalion 4-3 to Close Weekend - Niagara IceDogs
- IceDogs Pick up Point in 4-3 OT Loss to Battalion - Niagara IceDogs
- Spirit, Hounds Set for Battle on Military Appreciation Night - Saginaw Spirit
- Preview: Firebirds & Mississauga Duel on Harry Potter Night - Flint Firebirds
- Goaltending Battle Leads to Knights Victory - London Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Preview: Dellandrea, Durham, Keppen, Firebirds Invade Oshawa Sunday
- Preview: Firebirds Face Niagara in Front of Expected Sellout Crowd Saturday
- Firebirds Win 6-2 Saturday, Improve to 4-2-1-0 in Last Seven Home Games
- Preview: Firebirds & Bulldogs Clash in Flint Friday
- Bianconi, Kolyachonok Record First-Career Goals Sunday