PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
Austin, TEXAS - PointsBet, a premier global online gaming operator, and Austin FC of Major League Soccer (MLS) today announced a new agreement granting PointsBet rights as a proud Founding Partner of Austin FC.
Austin FC is the only major league sports property in Austin. The Club is currently competing in its inaugural MLS season, playing home matches in the newly constructed state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium. The long-term, exclusive sponsorship agreement spans the emerging gaming category, including retail and online sports betting, daily fantasy, and free-to-play games. The relationship adds to PointsBet's impressive list of partners while serving as the company's first partnership with a major league sports property in Texas and first partnership with an MLS club.
"As the city's only major league sports team, Austin FC has excited global soccer fans and is setting a new standard for what it means to deliver for their supporters and their community by putting a laser-focus on experience. That's exactly what we're doing in the sports betting industry, and we simply couldn't be more thrilled to align with the club in its inaugural season as a Founding Partner," said Johnny Aitken, CEO of PointsBet USA. "We look forward to a future when our groundbreaking technology will be in the hands of Austin FC's passionate and tech savvy fanbase."
As a Founding Partner and as the Club's Exclusive and Official Sports Betting Partner, PointsBet will receive prominent brand integration at Austin FC's new Q2 Stadium. Notably, PointsBet has secured entitlement to the "PointsBet Sports Bar," located on the second level of the North Building, and featuring a wide variety of beers, various food options, 18 television monitors, table games, and air conditioning. The "PointsBet Sports Bar" currently operates as a public bar during Q2 Stadium ticketed events and is available to anyone with a match ticket.
PointsBet will also receive full usage of Austin FC IP, marks, and logos, in addition to various sponsorship opportunities and brand visibility across multiple linear and digital assets. The two sides will collaborate on giveaways, promotional sweepstakes, and events throughout the term of the partnership. PointsBet and Austin FC will activate together in both English and Spanish, as PointsBet's rare ownership of its technology platform allows the company to be the only sportsbook with deep Spanish language functionality.
"PointsBet has emerged as a leader in what is arguably the most competitive and coveted landscape in sports," commented Andy Loughnane, President of Austin FC. "We are honored that PointsBet has chosen to strategically align with Austin FC and Major League Soccer as they continue to expand their impressive North American footprint."
Though sports betting is not yet available in the state of Texas, those interested in PointsBet can currently participate in the "Lone Star Pick'Em" free-to-play contest courtesy of NBC Sports - PointsBet's official sports betting partner which asks users to project outcomes in upcoming professional and college games featuring Texas-based teams. As part of the relationship, NBC Sports provides PointsBet with year-round, multi-platform media and marketing opportunities across its unmatched portfolio of events, including exclusive multiplatform gameday integrations across national and regional linear and digital properties.
Viewed as an industry leader for responsible gaming efforts and awareness, PointsBet and Austin FC will also work together on best-in-class practices to protect the integrity of Austin FC and MLS matches.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 15, 2021
- Ruan, Robin Jansson Score First MLS Goals as Lions Fall to Montréal - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Wins 4-0 vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Lose 3-0 to D.C. United at Audi Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Orange and Blue drop midweek matchup - FC Cincinnati
- Inter Miami CF Inks Primary Jersey Sponsorship Deal with Leading Crypto Finance Firm XBTOÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category - Austin FC
- Earthquakes Host Real Salt Lake Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Adds MLS Pool Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh Ahead of Austin Match - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Waive Goalkeeper Cody Cropper - FC Cincinnati
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- FC Dallas' Match against Houston Dynamo FC on September 18 Moved to 8:30PM CDT - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo FC Match against FC Dallas on September 18 Moved to 8:30 p.m. CDT - Houston Dynamo FC
- Austin FC Kicks off "Kick Childhood Cancer" Campaign - Austin FC
- Sounders FC Advances to 2021 Leagues Cup Final with 1-0 Win over Santos Laguna - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Austin FC Defeats Houston Dynamo FC, 2-1
- Brad Stuver, Derrick Chubbs Announced as 4ATX Foundation's 2021 Legend of the Year Award Recipients
- Austin FC, Q2 to Award Grants to Local Nonprofits Through New Q-mmunity Gives Program
- Austin FC Falls 4-0 to San Jose Earthquakes
- Austin FC and Q2 Host Blood Drive with We Are Blood