Austin FC Kicks off "Kick Childhood Cancer" Campaign
Austin, TEXAS - MLS WORKS, the League's social responsibility platform, and Austin FC are teaming up to support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with the 8th annual "Kick Childhood Cancer" campaign to raise awareness of pediatric cancers and fundraise for childhood cancer research. Austin FC will celebrate and recognize local heroes in the fight against childhood cancer at the Club's home match against LAFC on Wednesday, September 15.
As part of the event, Austin FC will donate tickets to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, as well as honor a former pediatric cancer patient and his family on the scoreboard in-stadium. The Club will have gold nets featured in stadium, as well as the players dressed in custom Kick Childhood Cancer warm-up tops prior to the match. A Kick Childhood Cancer warm-up top will be autographed by the Austin FC team and auctioned off, with proceeds going to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. In addition, Austin FC and Founding Partner St. David's HealthCare will donate pajamas to 125 pediatric cancer patients through the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as a token of comfort, while they continue their journey in the fight against cancer.
"Austin FC and Founding Partner St. David's HealthCare are proud to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and stand behind the many children and families whose lives have been impacted by childhood cancer," said Kaitlin Swarts, Vice President of Community Impact. "We hope that by sharing the story of a former pediatric cancer patient, we can inspire others who are facing similar battles and drive awareness and support for childhood cancer research."
Throughout the month of September, MLS, its member clubs, and players will drive awareness of the campaign through in-stadium activations, league social and digital channels, and on national and regional broadcasts. Highlighted by the internationally recognized gold color for childhood cancer, MLS Kick Childhood Cancer matches will feature a commemorative Kick Childhood Cancer edition MLS adidas Nativo 21 Official Match Ball used in match play, Kick Childhood Cancer adidas Pre-Match Jerseys will be worn by players during pregame and warmups on game day as well as on the bench, side lines and during training and in community outreach efforts, gold corner flags, nets, captain's armbands and ribbon jersey patches.
Supporters can purchase a special Austin FC KCC edition Pre-Match adidas jersey on MLSstore.com. MLS will donate all royalties it receives from Kick Childhood Cancer edition jerseys sold through official retail partners to COG through December 31, 2021.
For more information on Kick Childhood Cancer or other MLS WORKS initiatives, visit MLSsoccer.com/mlsworks.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 15, 2021
- Ruan, Robin Jansson Score First MLS Goals as Lions Fall to Montréal - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Wins 4-0 vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Lose 3-0 to D.C. United at Audi Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Orange and Blue drop midweek matchup - FC Cincinnati
- Inter Miami CF Inks Primary Jersey Sponsorship Deal with Leading Crypto Finance Firm XBTOÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category - Austin FC
- Earthquakes Host Real Salt Lake Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Adds MLS Pool Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh Ahead of Austin Match - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Waive Goalkeeper Cody Cropper - FC Cincinnati
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- FC Dallas' Match against Houston Dynamo FC on September 18 Moved to 8:30PM CDT - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo FC Match against FC Dallas on September 18 Moved to 8:30 p.m. CDT - Houston Dynamo FC
- Austin FC Kicks off "Kick Childhood Cancer" Campaign - Austin FC
- Sounders FC Advances to 2021 Leagues Cup Final with 1-0 Win over Santos Laguna - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Austin FC Falls 4-3 to San Jose Earthquakes
- Austin FC Announces Grand Opening of "Verde Store on Congress"
- Austin FC Falls 2-1 to Los Angeles FC
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
- Austin FC Kicks off "Kick Childhood Cancer" Campaign