Pit Spitters Walk It Off
TRAVERSE CITY, MI - Chad Patrick dazzled on the mound as the Traverse City Pit Spitters notched their third walk-off win this summer 2-1 over the Great Lakes Resorters Thursday night at Turtle Creek Stadium.
Purdue University Northwest righty and 2019 Northwoods League champion, Chad Patrick, struck out 12 Great Lakes hitters tonight breaking the previous single game record of 11 - his own record - while just allowing one run to cross in the victory.
Both teams struggled out of the gate as Resorters starter, Grant Smitz, and Chad Patrick both combined for three hits on nine strikeouts through the first three frames to keep us locked at 0-0. In the fourth inning, both teams added lone tallies as Noah Marcoux pounded an opposite field home run in the top-half before Carson Eby responded with a round-tripper in the bottom-half - his second in as many games - to tie us at 1-1. Resorters relievers, Jon Russomano and Isaiah Lindsey, combined for back-to-back scoreless frames as Great Lakes was able to get men on second and third with just one out in the sixth before Patrick rung up two straight hitters to tightrope out of trouble. Three Great Lakes hitters went down via the strikeout in the top of the seventh before Spitters catcher, Logan Hylek, plated Carson Eby from second on an RBI-knock to walk it off and send Traverse City on to their 26th victory this summer, 2-1.
In the winning effort, Chad Patrick (2-1) becomes the first Pit Spitter to toss a complete game this summer. Resorters reliever, Isaiah Lindsey (0-1), allowed just one run on one hit and three punch outs in his first loss on the campaign. The Pit Spitters improve to 26-4 while the Resorters fall to 4-26. Despite suffering the loss, three different Resorters pitchers combined for 10 strikeouts on just four hits the entire night.
The Traverse City Pit Spitters return to Turtle Creek Stadium to host the Great Lakes Resorters Friday night at 7:05PM. Pregame coverage with Nate Wangler begins at 7:00 PM on the Northwoods League Baseball Network. Tickets are available for any Pit Spitters/Resorters contest at pitspitters.com or by calling the front office at (231) - 943 - 0100.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 20, 2020
- Mac Daddies and Growlers' Split Thursday's Doubleheader - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Bobbers Stop Eight Game Skid with 8-3 Win over Kingfish - Kenosha Kingfish
- Pit Spitters Walk It Off - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Finish Regular Season at Home Versus Fond du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Finishes Regular Season with Rockford - Green Bay Booyah
- Former Waterloo Buck Dane Dunning Debuts with the White Sox - Northwoods
- Chucks Hold off Loggers, Win First Game of Final Series - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Surge Late Versus Dock Spiders, Win 11-2 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Stingers Dominate MoonDogs to Secure Sweep - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rox Play for Regional Championship Thursday - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Traverse City Pit Spitters Stories
- Pit Spitters Release 2021 Schedule
- Pit Spitters 2021 Schedule to be Released at Drive Thru Lunch and Food Drive Saturday
- Limited Edition Pit Spitters Jersey Offered to 2021 Season Ticket Purchasers
- Films on the Field Moved to Next Week
- Movie Series at Turtle Creek Stadium Is Extended Two More Weeks