Phantoms Power Play
3 Stars of the Week:
500 For Philip
Philip Samuelsson played his 500th professional game on Sunday January 13, 2019 in Hershey. Samuelsson has played 13 NHL games in his career with the Pittsburgh Penguins and Arizona Coyotes, 482 games in the AHL, and 5 in the ECHL.
Two Tally Taylor
Taylor Leier returned to the lineup on Sunday and scored two goals for the Phantoms in Hershey. He also added an assist for his first three point game of the season. It was the second straight game at Giant Center that Leier notched two goals, after scoring twice on December 22 as well.
Zach Palmquist scored his third goal of the season on Friday January 11, 2019 against the Binghamton Devils. Palmquist scored the lone tally for the Phantoms with a shot from a crazy angle along the boards 12:55 into the third period.
Phantoms On The Ice:
Friday, January 11, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 1, Binghamton Devils 2
The Phantoms returned to PPL Center for the first time in 2019 and ultimately fell to the Binghamton Devils in their last meeting of the season. Zach Palmquist scored his third goal of the season in the third period but the Phantoms were unable to tie the game late, even with 10 shots in the final frame.
Saturday, January 12, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 0, Hershey Bears 3
On Saturday, the fourth straight PPL Center sellout, the Phantoms saw their nine-game winning streak at home against the Hershey Bears come to an end. It was the Bears first win in Allentown since April 5, 2017 as the Phantoms were shutout for just the second time this season.
Sunday, January 13, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 4, Hershey Bears 5
The Phantoms were unable to complete the comeback on Sunday in a rematch with the Bears in Hershey. Taylor Leier tallied two goals and an assist for the Phantoms. It was the second straight game at Giant Center in which he scored twice. Connor Bunnaman and Mike Vecchione also notched goals for the Phantoms.
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Vs. Springfield Thunderbirds - PPL Center
Lehigh Valley Phantoms take on the Springfield Thunderbirds for the sixth and final time this season. The Thunderbirds currently sit in third place in the Atlantic Division, one spot ahead of the Phantoms. Lehigh Valley is 3-2 against Springfield this season and 1-1 at PPL Center. In their most recent matchup, Lehigh Valley topped Springfield 4-3 thanks to an overtime winner from Mark Friedman in Springfield on January 6, 2019.
Friday, January 18, 2019
Vs. Hartford Wolf Pack - XL Center
Lehigh Valley will travel to Hartford for the third and final time this season on Friday. They are currently 1-1 against the Wolf Pack this season with a 7-3 victory on October 24 and a 3-1 loss on January 5. Hartford is currently in 7th place in the Atlantic Division with an 18-17-2-2 record.
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Vs. Rochester Americans- PPL Center
The Phantoms will be back at PPL Center on Saturday for STARS WARS NIGHT as they face the Rochester Americans for the first time this year. Rochester is currently 23-12-2-0 and sits first in the North Division. Lehigh Valley was 1-1 against Rochester last season. PROMOTION: Star Wars Night
Phantoms In The Community:
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms officially kicked off their 2019 Bully Busters Unite Program on January 10, 2019 at Willow Lane Elementary School in Macungie, PA. The Phantoms also visited Brandywine Heights Elementary and Middle School in Topton, PA this morning, January 15, 2019. Phantoms' mascot, MeLVin spent time with the kids and helped to teach them some helpful tips for dealing with situations of bullying.
To book your school for Bully Busters, please email [email protected]
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2018-19 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join the Voice of the Phantoms, Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2018-19 season are available online at pplcenter.com, by calling 610-347-TIXX  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
Images from this story
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2019
- Bridgeport suffers first shutout this season in setback at Bojangles Coliseum - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Nedeljkovic Blanks Bridgeport in Front of Sold-Out Crowd - Charlotte Checkers
- Stars Recall Robbie Payne and Nolan Gluchowski from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Senators Release Carlisle from PTO - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? January 15, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Opens Four-Game Road Trip this Week - Hershey Bears
- 2019 AHL All-Star Classic Coming to NHL Network, Sportsnet - AHL
- IceHogs, Manning Mutually Agree to Release from SPC - Rockford IceHogs
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Nashville Assigns Di Giuseppe to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Marlies Announce Connor Brown Bobblehead Night - Toronto Marlies
- Gambardella Assigned to Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Division-Leading Griffins Tour Through Illinois, Host Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Sign Michael Leighton to PTO, Release Sakellaropoulos - Utica Comets
- Weekly: Penguins Host Three-Game Home Stand, Including Monday Matinee - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sound Tigers Battle Checkers in Mid-Week Slate - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose Top Milwaukee in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Rau's Hat Trick Lifts Wild to 3-2 Victory against San Diego - Iowa Wild
- Cracknell's Late Goal Earns Gulls Point in OT Loss - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Earn Point in OT Loss to Manitoba - Milwaukee Admirals
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- GOALS4LV Challenge Has Raised $6,550 in Just Two Weeks
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms Launch GOALS4LV Challenge to Fight COVID-19
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms and PPL Center Are Proud to Support LVHN as a Potential Surge Facility During Coronavirus Outbreak
- Kurtis Gabriel Named Lehigh Valley's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year