Petes Earn Point in Overtime Loss to Division Rival 67's
(Peterborough, ON) - Zach Gallant recorded multiple points for the third time in four games at the Peterborough Memorial Centre on Sunday afternoon, but it wasn't enough to take down the Ottawa 67's. The visiting 67's scored 1:25 into overtime to take the third match up between the division rival by a score of 3-2.
Cameron Butler (7) and Liam Kirk (11) scored in the second period for the Petes before the 67's responded with two third period markers and the eventual overtime winner.
Gallant recorded two assists while Brady Hinz and Semyon Der-Arguchintsev each registered single helpers. Der-Arguchintsev's assist ties him for the team lead and third in the OHL in assists with Declan Chisholm at 23 on the season.
Final shots were 32-25 in favour of Peterborough, marking the seventh time in eight games that the Petes have outshot their opponent.
Peterborough was 1/5 on the power play and 3/5 on the penalty kill.
This week the Petes will host the Niagara IceDogs on Thursday, November 14 at 7:05pm and will visit the Barrie Colts on Saturday, November 16 at 7:30pm.
Tickets for all regular season home games are available through the PMC Grant Thornton Box Office in person and over the phone at (705) 743-3561 Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:00pm, and 24 hours a day online.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Noel Leads the Charge Offensively in Generals' Victory over Rangers - Oshawa Generals
- Spirit Pull off Comeback Victory in Windsor - Saginaw Spirit
- Rangers Fall to OHL-Leading Generals, 4-2 - Kitchener Rangers
- Battalion Comes up Empty - North Bay Battalion
- Petes Earn Point in Overtime Loss to Division Rival 67's - Peterborough Petes
- Sting Hold off Batallion with a 4-2 Victory - Sarnia Sting
- CIBC Canada Russia Series Rolls into Budweiser Gardens Monday Night - London Knights
- Bressette Collects First OHL Goal, Otters Edged 4-3 by Attack in Shootout Loss - Erie Otters
- Guzda Stands Tall in 4-3 Shootout Win over Otters - Owen Sound Attack
- Jenik's Four Points Not Enough to Overcome Tynan and the IceDogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Garreffa Scores Two and Quinn Gives 67's Win in OT - Ottawa 67's
- Special Teams and Goaltending Lead IceDogs to 5-4 Win in Hamilton - Niagara IceDogs
- Game Preview: Generals Look to Round out a Perfect Weekend with a Win against the Rangers - Oshawa Generals
- Preview: Spirit Face Road Test Sunday in Windsor - Saginaw Spirit
- Knights Halt the Attack - London Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Petes Lending Support to First Nations Hockey Equipment Drive on December 5
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Chad Buchner as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer
- Sportsnet's Sam Cosentino to Headline Thursday Night Live Presented by Subway, Week 11
- Nick Robertson Named to 2021 U.S. National Junior Team Preliminary Roster
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Logan Burns as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer